NHL Game ONe October 7 & 8 2000 Penguins vs Predators

bjd624

ok.... through some research I found out that Aubin was the goalie for both nights... BUT I was wondering if Garth Snow was present on the bench wearing the white jersey with the NHL Game ONe Patch?

any help from you awesome Penguins fans?

THANK you VERY much in advanced!

This may be of help:

http://www.goaliesarchive.com/penguins/2001news.html

Based on this site, the Penguins signed Snow to a 25 day contract with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, but that doesn't convince me that he was the back up for those two games in Japan.

so you DON'T think he was the back-up... hmm back to the drawing board!

Ok, so based on what I understand, JS Aubin was the starter for both of those Penguins / Predators games in Japan. Snow was signed to a 25 day tryout contract with Wilkes Barre. I think Petr Skudra was the Penguins backup goalie heading into the 2000-2001 season, but the website says he was signed away from the Penguins by the Bruins.

To the best of my knowledge, Penguin goalies Rich Parent and Sebastian Caron were in WBS to start the season. Whether the Penguins brought up Snow to back up Aubin, I don't know for a fact, but I assume that he would have been the backup for those 2 games despite the fact Aubin started both. Pittsburgh had to have a backup goalie for those games and in my opinion it wouldn't make sense for them to start Aubin and not have a backup.

Though I don't know for sure, I would assume Snow was the backup for both of those games in Japan.

ok.... through some research I found out that Aubin was the goalie for both nights... BUT I was wondering if Garth Snow was present on the bench wearing the white jersey with the NHL Game ONe Patch?

any help from you awesome Penguins fans?

THANK you VERY much in advanced!

So what you are saying is that you want to make a Garth Snow Penguins jersey with a special patch for a game where he was the backup goalie rather than someone the caliber of say, Jagr? :blink:

im not a pennguins fan... i have a jagr penguin jersey already... garth snow is one of my favorite goalies of all time

so YES i would like to do what you said :D

i like being different a garth snow penguin jersey would stand out WAY more then a Jagr... how many garth snow penguin jerseys have you seen while walking out and about...its ok ill wait keep thinking.. lol.... now how many times have you seen Jagr penguins jerseys?.... too many to count right.... thats exactly why i want a snow jersey :D

Go with Snow. What have you got to lose? And I mean seriously, how many people are going to come up to you on the street and say that Snow was not the backup for those 2 games? Probably zero.

Well if you make the jersey an Aubin then you know for sure he was in net.

Dude, I hear you on the Snow I loved him when I was a kid. I still have his Headliner on the Canucks that came with his awesome helmet. I say go for it, that'd be a great one to have.

TO find the patch now! ... thanks for giving me the "you can do it" (insert Rob Schnider impersonation here) slugger...

You bet. :thumbsup: I mean, it's your jersey and your collection, right? So shouldn't you be able to go out on a limb and make a guess that he was on the bench for those games? :)

• 2 years later...

Found this thread with the handy dandy search option while looking to figure something out.

Does anybody know where I could find the actual Penguins rosters for both of these games? Thanks!

This thread just saved me money and a headache in a roundabout way. Ive had one of these gamers in my sights for the Preds for a while and turns out... that guy never played in these games. Phew!

This thread just saved me money and a headache in a roundabout way. Ive had one of these gamers in my sights for the Preds for a while and turns out... that guy never played in these games. Phew!

Seriously? Is it on eBay? If so, can you point it out so nobody here bites on it?

Nah, its from the Detroit Hockey Co. Ill be writing them and let them know he didnt skate in either of those games (Denis Arkhipov). I hadnt done any research yet since I didnt really think it was going anywhere anytime soon but they advertise it as game worn and I emailed a few times about it. Those gamers are impossible to find. Might be an honest mistake too... either way, the hunt continues!

The Arkhipov?

Replied while I was typing.