Anyone at the Meigray Expo?

Nathan

I dunno, I'm intrested in the kings and lightning if you're up to sell.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm home, I'll take pictures later. My haul included:

-Home Lightning 54 (Entry; Traded 3 times to get it)

-Away Maple Leafs Edge 56 (Stamkos; can't wait to trade it or get rid of it!)

-Away Kings 54 ($25)

-Away Blues 54 ($25)

-Home Predators 52 ($25)

What a blast.

No Brodeur. No Stamkos. However had a great time. Some nice Flyers stuff there and some awesome Neely and Bourque jerseys. Nice to meet some of the fellow board members. Came away with the following:

Yellow Edge 1.0 Calgary Flames practice jersey size 56 (Brodeur grab bag) Not crazy about will trade

Washington Capitals road jersey Edge 1.0 size 58 (Stamkos grab bag) Will be Ovechkin w/ "C"

Altlanta Thrashers road jersey Rbk 6100 size 58 (entry jersey) Will probably make a Kovalchuk

Tampa Bay Lightning road jersey Rbk 6100 size 54 (entry jersey) May make into a St. Louis

I am always curious to know what is in the "tent sale"???

On another note, I suppose the summer sale is the same for those who attended and the online version? Like the only different is those attended has the first crack on the gamers than the online people.

As far as jerseys, the tent sale had Flyers and Devils training camp jerseys for $125 ($100 if you bought 2 or more) and various 6100s for $25. There also was a pile of wood sticks, equipment bags, skates, pants, etc.

I ended up with a white size 58 Tampa Bay Lightning jersey in my entry bag (I might be willing to trade that for something in a 54 depending on team) and bought a Flyers practice jersey as part of the summer sale. The sale terms are identical to the online sale but you do get the in person look at inventory plus first crack at the jerseys by attending.

Holy crap; what a looooong day. I'm friggin exhausted. It was cool meeting some of you guys today. It's also pretty funny that the annoying Flyers guys we were BSing with waiting in line for the MeiGray sale turned out to be our very own Bob Saget! I came away with more than I had anticipated but it's all good. Once I get everything straightened out, I'll post it all...even though my EFFING closet collapsed....AGAIN. Guh.

Haha. Glad you guys had fun. If anyone that was their that got any size 52-54 jerseys they'd be willing to let go cheap, let me know..

Holy crap; what a looooong day. I'm friggin exhausted. It was cool meeting some of you guys today. It's also pretty funny that the annoying Flyers guys we were BSing with waiting in line for the MeiGray sale turned out to be our very own Bob Saget! I came away with more than I had anticipated but it's all good. Once I get everything straightened out, I'll post it all...even though my EFFING closet collapsed....AGAIN. Guh.

Haha jerk. That was pretty funny though. Hey, we weren't that bad!

Sorry about your closet.

This was my first experience there and I have to say I was completely taken back. Everyone was super nice...I was shocked when the dude handed me the Clarke game worn to look at. I didn't expect that at all. Also Meigray fed us which was pretty cool. The tent sale caught me off-guard by it's sheer awesomeness, and the warehouse absolutely blew me away. What a great time. I wonder how many IJers I ran into, anyone remember an annoying kid with a stupid beard and Flyers stuff trying to pawn off a Lightning jersey??? Good times.

As far as jerseys, the tent sale had Flyers and Devils training camp jerseys for $125 ($100 if you bought 2 or more) and various 6100s for $25. There also was a pile of wood sticks, equipment bags, skates, pants, etc.

I ended up with a white size 58 Tampa Bay Lightning jersey in my entry bag (I might be willing to trade that for something in a 54 depending on team) and bought a Flyers practice jersey as part of the summer sale. The sale terms are identical to the online sale but you do get the in person look at inventory plus first crack at the jerseys by attending.

Did you buy one of the $125 jerseys, and if so, who? That was a sweet deal, if not only for the authentic Edge. Also, I saw one jersey given out that was below a 56, and it was my 54 Lightning. They were all huge for the most part.

do these only happen once a year?

I AM GOING TO THE NEXT ONE!!!....

I THINK it's only once a year, and yea, you need to go. You'd be in heaven...just looking at the game worn Flyers gave me goosebumps dude.

ima wear some BAGGY Pants and a hoodie...

Security Guard: what's in the duffle bag sir?

Me: NOTHING :runs off:

:D lol

sorry im a lil sleep deprived and goofy right now im in the process of looking through EVERY NHL teams player index figuring out who im getting put on my jerseys and who i want from each team ... example i have 3 av's jerseys and 13 players from the av's i like... therefore the 3 i have wil become podein, ozolinsh, & ricci and i need to find 10 more av's jerseys with the players im after already on it or blank to customize with the remaing 10 players, same thing applies to other teams except the blue jackets & the wild whom i had trouble picking a player i like to put on my 1 CBJ and 2 Wild jerseys :D

my family pulled, swapped, and wound up with:

54 black TB Lightning

Goalie Cut black TB Lightning

58 White Toronto Maple Leafs

52 Mustard Nashville alt (which ive always thought to be really hideous, but it's growing on me in person)

58 White Edmonton Oilers

if anyone got a size 52 TB, i would love to swap one of mine for it, so i can turn it into a st. louis

or in the chance anyone has a pens or sabres jersey they wanna awap, id consider offers.

So apparently me and Brilliant! were standing in line at some point and JohnnyontheSpot was behind us! I would have totally introduced myself, but by that time I was taking care of the paperwork so I could pay for my jersey after I get paid. Was cool meeting Nathan, Rob, Mike (who I knew before), and JohnnyontheSpot. Didn't do any of the grab bags, but got a Tampa Bay black jersey size 58 for going :)

Also bought a Sjostrom White Set 3/Playoffs for $200. It was 50% off due to the sale (08-09 jersey), BUT the $25 dollar credit I won from the facebook contest made the jersey cheaper :) SO excited to pick it up when I get paid. Glad meeting everyone, and will definitely go next year. It was a total blast.

Here's my pressing question though...Meigray told me they were totally out of Avalanche 6100s, at least in my size. Did anyone that went see any Avs 6100 blanks in a 56 or 58? If anyone got one Meigray and I are going to have some words! :fight::D

Haha jerk. That was pretty funny though. Hey, we weren't that bad!

Sorry about your closet.

This was my first experience there and I have to say I was completely taken back. Everyone was super nice...I was shocked when the dude handed me the Clarke game worn to look at. I didn't expect that at all. Also Meigray fed us which was pretty cool. The tent sale caught me off-guard by it's sheer awesomeness, and the warehouse absolutely blew me away. What a great time. I wonder how many IJers I ran into, anyone remember an annoying kid with a stupid beard and Flyers stuff trying to pawn off a Lightning jersey??? Good times.

Hey Johnny you tried to trade me that Maple Leafs jersey when I pulled the Edge 1.0 Capitals jersey during the grab bags, remember? I did'nt know it was you. I was the guy in the orange Flyers Gagne Stanley Cup shirt, tall and kind of chubby (What a winning combination!). Did'nt get to go to the tent sale. Kind of sucks that I left so early. Oh well, maybe I'll go next year. Lesson learned: Do not show up at 9am. Nice jerseys you picked up.

If anyone got a Devils white 6100 or a Penguins black 6100 at the expo I'd like to buy it from you. (not sure if either was available, i'm just throwing it out there)

Jay, I think they were on the level. I didn't any in the overstock tent. It was mainly Islanders, Kings, Caps, Predators and a smattering of Blues and Lightning. BUT, man you shoulda seen the rows and rows...and then rows and rows and rows of gamers they had in the warehouse! It was unreal. This was the best shot I could get from the entrance:

meigray-vi.jpg

It was just a big old warehouse FILLED with jerseys. The first room had all of the post 2002-03 stuff of all their current teams and then the back room had all of the vintage NHL stuff and the AHL, ECHL and NBA, NFL and MLB stuff too. It was incredible. I could have stayed there all week.

holy crap! I may have to make the trip next year

That picture does absolutely no justice whatsoever too. The front room had about 6 or 7 double-stacked racks of jerseys and then the back room had a single row of the vintage NHL stuff and then two TRIPLE-STACKED racks of AHL, ECHL and everything else. The front racks ran almost from wall to wall and the back ones ran from the front of the building all the way to close to the back. It was amazing.

what were prices like?

say for a Lemieux :)

The prices are the same as on the website. That didn't change for anything not on sale. I think I literally went through every single vintage jersey they have there; from the Atlanta Flames all the way down to the Vancouver Canucks flying V jerseys.

That picture does absolutely no justice whatsoever too. The front room had about 6 or 7 double-stacked racks of jerseys and then the back room had a single row of the vintage NHL stuff and then two TRIPLE-STACKED racks of AHL, ECHL and everything else. The front racks ran almost from wall to wall and the back ones ran from the front of the building all the way to close to the back. It was amazing.

I should have stuck around. Sounds cool. Nice jerseys you aquired yesterday. Like the Blues game worn and the blank Blues home jersey.

I'll be driving down from Toronto next year. Sounds like everyone had a great time.