CHL Jerseys, Quality & Other Stuff..

Hey guys, I'm a hockey fan that lives in Australia, believe me, we are few and far between.

I joined your site to gain a better knowledge of US and Canadian jersey's, as they are not sold in Australian stores.

The only way to obtain is over the web, so it's hard to gauge what is good and what is not....

My first question is....

What are the CHL jersey's like? I've seen a couple i like, (the The Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs jersey looks great.. In my opinion..)

but are the up to par with the NHL ones.. I'm an "Authentic" kinda guy. My first jersey was a NY islanders "Premier"

I hated it..!! I sent it back and bought an "EDGE". If there is a better one of a similar model, i gotta have the better one..

I'm sure you guys can relate. I just prefer the higher quality, that's all.

What are some of your opinions.?

Think it depends largely on the individual teams in the CHL, in the case of the Mudbugs it appears you could get an authentic jersey from the team store (link), but I'd bet not all of them would do that.

My experience of SP jerseys is they're nice and heavy weight, so if you can get an authentic I doubt you'd be disappointed. Whether SP are the manufacturer for the league, or just on a per team basis though, I'm not sure.

I sent a few emails but the black one is sold out..!!! What to do, I like the white one as well...

The "Away" jersey is mean.!! And there's not too many nice looking black jersey's out there.

authentic20white.jpgauthentic20black.jpg

Whatever one i chose they would have to be customized. ($65 i think she said)

The black one would get more use i think.. But the white is so bright..

What do you guys think?

Prefer the white personally, don't really like the turquoise neck on the black, but it's your money mate.

Yer, If money was no option i'd get both!

I've been looking at some of the WHL jersey's also. They appear to be "EDGE" jersey's?

EDGE jersey for $129..? Are these the same quality as the NHL ones, or are they more

similar to the "premier". I don't mind some of them hey.

Have any of you guys bought these WHL jersey's? What are they like?

On the CHL's official shop (run by River City Sports) I'm pretty sure they only sell Premier replicas, they probably vary a bit from the NHL ones (as the AHL ones do), but in what ways I'm not sure.

I'd assume it was similar to the Central League regarding getting an actual EDGE, maybe certain teams'll sell them in their own stores?

On the CHL's official shop (run by River City Sports) I'm pretty sure they only sell Premier replicas, they probably vary a bit from the NHL ones (as the AHL ones do), but in what ways I'm not sure.

I'd assume it was similar to the Central League regarding getting an actual EDGE, maybe certain teams'll sell them in their own stores?

Yes, you are correct. RCS is only selling the replicas. And the CHL Premier jerseys are just like the AHL Premier jerseys, made in Canada (not Indonesia), no "jock tag", a slightly different material, and the shoulder patches are not the screened/sewn on ones used for NHL, but ironed-on 2D cloth printed ones. Very few junior teams sell authentics, I believe the Plymouth may, at least they did for the older 6100-style.Less than half of the teams in the AHL sell authentic Edge's. I know quite a few people have tried to get junior authentics with varying degrees of success.

Thanks for you help guys.

I checked out some of the teams individual merchandise store and now I see.

Some are selling Authentic and some Replica. (or both)