Florida Panthers Starter jersey 1997-1998

mlaval

For a while, I have been trying to find a Florida Panthers Starter 1997-1998 jersey. The one of the fifth anny patch.

However, I can only seem to find 1996-1997 jerseys.

The difference was very well described by Brilliant! in the NHL tags and tails guide thread.

The 1997-1998 white jersey does not have the word starter under the logo where as the 1996-1997 has.

Does anyone know if the 1997-1998 jersey ever went to retail or am I just unlucky..?

Thanks!

Some made it out...I've got one like what you are after, but having said that it is not an El Salavador pro, its from Berlin Wisconsin....so its probably leftover team issue.....

Yeah, I have the same one from Berlin. However, I'm not too sure mine would be a team jersey though because it's a size 46. If that's the case, then there's a possibility that some made it out for retail.

Cool thanks for the info.

I guess I'll just be patient and keep looking!

And if any of you are thinking about getting rid of them let me know :thumbsup:

They show up every once and awhile. I have a Berlin, WI version as well that I bought on Ebay for $15 about a year ago.

Do the Panthers 1993-1996 Starter authentics have "Starter" under the logo on the back hem? So I basically understand that the authentics with "Starter" under the logo on the back hem are from 1996-1997? I know Florida used Starter from 1993-1998 then switched over to CCM for the home white and Koho for the road red and alternate blue.

No. Starter was exlcusive to the Avs in 1995-96 and then became wider spread in 1996-97 when they did Boston, Colorado, Florida, Hartford, Los Angeles, New York®, Pittsburgh, Phoenix and St. Louis. They then expanded to Montreal and Carolina in 1997-98. All those teams wore CCM prior to Starter.

No. Starter was exlcusive to the Avs in 1995-96 and then became wider spread in 1996-97 when they did Boston, Colorado, Florida, Hartford, Los Angeles, New York®, Pittsburgh, Phoenix and St. Louis. They then expanded to Montreal and Carolina in 1997-98. All those teams wore CCM prior to Starter.

I wish you could Pin/Sticky quotes.

I wish you could Pin/Sticky quotes.

If in doubt, just check NHLuniforms.com ... I know the Starter teams, but during that same era I sometimes forget who wore Nike ...

Does that also mean that any Starter Florida Panthers authentic jersey is 1996-1997 to 1997-1998? Thanks.

No; they wore the S-star over the small Starter wordmark logo in 1996-97 and then the large S-star logo at home and the big STARTER wordmark on the road in 1997-98 and 1998-99.

No; they wore the S-star over the small Starter wordmark logo in 1996-97 and then the large S-star logo at home and the big STARTER wordmark on the road in 1997-98 and 1998-99.

Thanks Brilliant! That makes perfect sense. Now I can tell the difference between which year is which.