Real or fake?

mdwsta4

Obviously there are tons of fakes out there. The Blackhawks are one team that usually makes it pretty easy to spot a fake due to the level of details put into the tomahawks and the indian crests.

I stumbled upon a Byfuglien sweater for a steal. Obviously he's no longer with the Hawks, so that could be the reason. I figured I could leave it as is or easily have it converted to '88' and 'Kane'.

buff-vi.jpg?1278262485

To check and see if it was an authentic or rep, I asked for more detailed pictures and the tomahawks look correct.

bufup-vi.jpg?1278262505

The face stitching looks halfway correct although the hair/feathers do not. and it looks like it's smiling a little too much

100_3316-vi.jpg

normally the feathers/hair are stitched like this (at least on old CCM/Nike sweaters)

1D671C2ACF6C412B8F6C7A9B177D1FA0.jpg

Never seen an authentic like this, but at the same time, I've never seen a replica like this either. Is it legit or a fake? Thoughts? thanks!

Edited by mdwsta4

%100 fake!

are you basing that on the face alone?

%100 fake!

Do all Edge (or at least Blackhawks Edge) have the extra stitching on the back of the logo or was this only on the 1.0 versions?

05122010075.jpg

The fact that it's a size 48 makes it a fake. Reebok doesn't make Edge jerseys in size 48.

It's another blatant fake.

Did this really need another thread instead of posting it in the "It is good or not?" thread?

blatant fake? if it were, I wouldn't have asked. Like I said, 'blatant fakes' don't have correct stitching on the patches.

My apologies to you. Where is the main 'is it real, is it fake' thread?

It's another blatant fake.

Did this really need another thread instead of posting it in the "It is good or not?" thread?

Edited by mdwsta4

blatant fake? if it were, I wouldn't have asked. Like I said, 'blatant fakes' don't have correct stitching on the patches.

sometimes they do.

Just look at the crappy NHL shield on front and the fake neck patch. Not even close to the correct neck patch.

It's a blatant fake for the size (48) and the material on the customization isn't twill.

The "It is good or not?" thread is pinned at the top of the page, can't miss it. It's right above the "How to spot a fake jersey!" thread.

First time I've seen a Hawks sweater with correct stitch work.

sometimes they do.

*Insert foot in mouth* Don't know how I missed that at the very top of the page!!! Thanks and sorry for the post.

It's a blatant fake for the size (48) and the material on the customization isn't twill.

The "It is good or not?" thread is pinned at the top of the page, can't miss it. It's right above the "How to spot a fake jersey!" thread.

*Insert foot in mouth* Don't know how I missed that at the very top of the page!!! Thanks and sorry for the post.

No worries and let me apologize if I came off rudely. I actually thought you had posted in the "Is it good or not?" thread previously that's why I was giving you a hard time. I now realize I had your username confused with someone else so I should have been more tactful in my response.