Protecting your Jerseys

AeroFishOne

Hey guys, I bring this topic up as my recent dilemma has me fuming. I have noticed alot of scraping damaging on a few of my jerseys that im trying to sell. After doing some investigation i located an un-sanded edge on the closest. Needless to say I am beyond PO'ed and embarrassed at the situation. I hardly wear my jerseys at all and its extremely frustrating to get a jersey out and photo it for sale then come back and notice something else after you already posted the description.

The question is, how do you guys protect your jersey when stored. Im debating about putting every jersey i have in one of those Clear thin plastic clothes protectors like you get at the dry cleaner. Does anyone know where you can pick some of those up or does anyone else have any ideas. Once again, I cannot put into words how absolutly pissed off I am at the situation. Thanks

Sorry to hear that, I know I would be upset as well. I would look for the thicker clear style garment bags. I would think that they would be a little more durable and last longer.

Hi. I am starting to build a collection. I currently have a few jerseys and I have put them all into semi-transparent cloth garment bags and they work well to keep all elements out. Plus them being semi-transparent helps you identify which jersey is in which bag. Also these don't cost too much and works great. Good luck. :thumbsup:

I use the suit protector garment bags from Target. They used to have clear ones which are the best but now they have white ones that you can still see through. They are about $4 for two and very durable. Much better than the plastic wrap from the dry cleaners.

(in Canada), I've used suit bags from of all places the local dollar store $1 ea..they work well, and the other thing I had a previous problem with was just the dust on the shoulders...particularly on the white ones... :thumbsup:

The closest is going to be sanded down to able nothing after i get done with it so hopefully i wont need something to thick. I was thinking the clear plastic because it will keep dust and other things off the fabric and will offer atleast some protect from snags and pulls.

(in Canada), I've used suit bags from of all places the local dollar store $1 ea..they work well, and the other thing I had a previous problem with was just the dust on the shoulders...particularly on the white ones... :thumbsup:

Yeah, Dollarama has suit bags for $1 each and that's where I buy mine! They're transparent and keep everything out :)

CanesCop, sorry to hear about your closet situation. Currently, I just have my jerseys hanging on hangars inside my closet. Eventually, what I will probably do is what others suggested above: cover them with suit bags, or at least my most valuable jerseys. Sometimes I'm anal about things being clean, free from dust, etc, so I may also search to see if there are air tight bags I could store my jerseys in to ensure as little dust as possible. But this thread was a good idea in the first place as this is a topic I haven't given much thought to. And it's obviously a good idea to protect one's jerseys since they have both monetary and personal value to them. :thumbsup:

CanesCop, hopefully everything works for you and the damage to your jerseys aren't too devastating. Good thing you found out the problem fast.