Send it back... or too picky?

MrZero29

I just got a pair of Blackhawks alternates back today. Beautiful jerseys... but not without issues. The "1" on my 19 is off center and the red stripe line is crooked through the number. It seriously bugs me. The second is... one number was stiched the through the fight strap itself. I've never had a jersey come back this way. Have any of you?

Just curious to find out some of your thoughts. Thanks.

crookednumber.jpg

fightstrap.jpg

I'd need a more zoomed-out view of the back of the jersey before I could say anything.

I had it done at City Sports Lettering. They usually are 100% perfect... that's why I'm a little surprised they were off on this one. The jersey is a size 56.

Again, maybe I'm too picky. But the ridge makes the numbers bubble a bit over the red stripe... and those lines are not even. I'm also concerned about the stiching through the fight strap. One bad move could rip those stitches out.

Thanks again

insidenumber.jpg

backjersey.jpg

The jersey's fine. I've actually seen a jersey or two with the ridge in the number. Not much the people that letter can do about that. And many of my Avs gamers have stitching through the fight strap. It's not going to rip.

It looks good, I had a TBTC Wings jersey that had almost half the fight strap sewn to the jersey!

sell me it? :)

kidding.

Looks good to me, but if it irks you then you should do something about it to get peace of mind. If it were me, I would think it was fine.

Just to add some to this discussion; I've had several gamers that had either crooked back numbers or a stitched over fight strap and in some cases both. Leave it because it adds character to the jersey.

Thanks for the input, everyone. I think I'm going to keep it as is. Pulling the number up and re-setting it may be more trouble than it's worth. I have to admit, the three color numbers on the Hawks' alternates are gorgeous!

Edited by MrZero29