Cleaning a jersey?

JohnnyOnTheSpot

I was finally going to post pictures of the Giroux I had fixed up that I've been having nothing but problems with, and I notice an ink stain on the front and back. I'm not dumb enough to do this, so I'm assuming it happened when I got the sleeve numbers replaced and I just didn't notice. What's the best way to tackle this? Do I do it myself with a certain combination, or take it some where?

I used a stain stick and it got most of it out, but there's still a small discoloration. Thanks in advance.

what color is the part of the jersey with the ink stain? i used one of those tide magic erasers for a few spots on the white of my eastern conference lindros jersey and it came out perfect.

I'm guessing a stain stick doesn't have a banana curve but is used for removing, stains. Never seen them or used one myself but here's some ideas.

2 parts hydrogen peroxide 1 part baking soda. Take the slushy paste and apply a little, don't want to get the granules of baking soda in the fabric too much but that's one option.. Works on cleaning just about everything, and is the personal tooth whitener of yours truly.

Detergent soap is a really harsh soap with no moisturizers. You've probably seen it before it's just a big thick, plain yellow bar. The stuff works magic on stains of all kinds.

I had a jersey that got rust on it after it was cleaned in an old washing machine, tried everything to get the rust out but nothing worked. Sat in a closet for two years before I decided to donate it. Wanted to give it one more crack at it and the detergent soap removed the rust stains and it looks good as new.

You could also try rubbing alcohol. Use it sparingly and make sure to test it out on a small sample first. Nail polish is also rumored to work well on removing ink stains but I doubt most of these claims are pertinent to hockey mesh.

Good luck with it.

I have gotten numerous ink stains out of my white Lindros jersey I got on ebay using hairspray on the stained area. It was an authentic Nike jersey from the 1998-1999 season. The stain was on the white portion of the jersey. Looks good as new but I don't know if you can use hairspray on an Edge style jersey.

Thanks for all the help guys. It's on the white part. I'm going to try a few methods Thursday night when I have time. The stain stick removed most of it, but it spread a bit, as well.