Whats your take on getting Game Worn Jerseys Autographed?

Displaced Swede - FJC

I have three Game worn jerseys,

Craig Conroy Flames Alternate from 2002-2003

Todd Simpson Flames Home from 1996-1997

and a Rich Peverley Predators from 2008-2009

Now, Conroy is having an Autograph session at some opening of a store in Calgary.

I was wondering what you guys would think of getting a game worn jersey signed.

I have three Game worn jerseys,

Craig Conroy Flames Alternate from 2002-2003

Todd Simpson Flames Home from 1996-1997

and a Rich Peverley Predators from 2008-2009

Now, Conroy is having an Autograph session at some opening of a store in Calgary.

I was wondering what you guys would think of getting a game worn jersey signed.

I think a lot of people are against it because they want the jersey to remain the exact way it was when it was worn by the player. I've seen people get auto's on the fight strap or on the inside of the jersey behing the front crest. I personally wouldn't get a game used auto'd but it's your jersey and if you'll appreciate the jersey more if it was auto'd then go for it.

I think a lot of people are against it because they want the jersey to remain the exact way it was when it was worn by the player.

Exactly. I don't like it at all. Leave the jersey the way it was worn. BUT it's your jersey so if you dig it then go for it.

I think a lot of people are against it because they want the jersey to remain the exact way it was when it was worn by the player. I've seen people get auto's on the fight strap or on the inside of the jersey behing the front crest. I personally wouldn't get a game used auto'd but it's your jersey and if you'll appreciate the jersey more if it was auto'd then go for it.

If you HAVE to have it signed, don't do it in a visible place, many people feel the same as the opinions stated on this thread and it WILL hurt the future value of it to get it signed.

It's game worn, so you don't need to have it signed to prove he once came in contact with it - heck he WORE it already. Autographs are best left for replica jerseys, pucks and 8x10 photos. What you should try to do is have a picture of the two of you taken with him holding his old jersey early in the signing, RUN to get it printed out and bring it back and have him sign the picture.

If you HAVE to have it signed, don't do it in a visible place, many people feel the same as the opinions stated on this thread and it WILL hurt the future value of it to get it signed.

It's game worn, so you don't need to have it signed to prove he once came in contact with it - heck he WORE it already. Autographs are best left for replica jerseys, pucks and 8x10 photos. What you should try to do is have a picture of the two of you taken with him holding his old jersey early in the signing, RUN to get it printed out and bring it back and have him sign the picture.

Agreed. Also, there's no need for the player to sign it if you have a LOA from the team or Meigray etc.. I would rather purchase and unsigned game worn jersey.

• 7 months later...

Not to zombie an old thread, but I completely agree with this. I was sort of stoked to get one of the AHL all-star gamers from tonight and found out they are all being signed. Boo! I don't get signed jerseys at all unless it's the entire team or something suitable for framing, but that's what replicas are for.

-John

It's your jersey and you should do whatever you like with it. I would probably get a game worn jersey autographed if I was going to put it on display in my house or frame it. But if I had a gamer that I intended on wearing, then I likely wouldn't get it autographed. IMO that's what replicas or authentics are for. But like I said, it's up to you, it's your jersey. :thumbsup:

Like others have said, it's your jersey do what you want with it. But if there is even a small chance you will sell it eventually don't get it signed on the outside. I've passed up jerseys just because they were signed on the outside. To me it just takes too much away from it. I don't mind autos on the fight strap (my wife got her Quintin Laing signed that way) or on the inside of the crest. But again, it's your jersey.

I agree with everyone. I wouldn't get anything signed that I wasn't planning on framing.

Now if there was a cocky hockey player (rhymes) that signed his jersey before every game, then that would be a different story, lol.

I have to agree with the majority that I would prefer it untouched.....if it is signed I would prefer it be on the fight strap or inside the jersey so it's not seen. As a buyer I stay away from anything signed, unless it's something rare and the signature is on the number (which can be removed) or not visible.