Are these jersey payches real or fake ?

Modano9

Thanks for the reply. When you say yes do you mean yes fake or yes real ?

1. No

2. Yes

Thanks for the reply. When you say yes do you mean yes fake or yes real ?

No means fake, yes means real, or at least a very good reproduction.

The NHL 75th Anny patch should have an finished edge like the second one.

No means fake, yes means real, or at least a very good reproduction.

The NHL 75th Anny patch should have an finished edge like the second one.

Great. Thanks.

Cool thanks. The one guy with the 1993 100th anniv patch also has this 75th anniv patch. Going by the last ones you critiqued, Im gonna say its a decent repro ? Because of the edging ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/National-Hockey-League-75th-Anniversary-AUTHENTIC-Patch-/290445552569?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Vintage_Sports_Memorabilia&hash=item439fe76bb9

Cool thanks. The one guy with the 1993 100th anniv patch also has this 75th anniv patch. Going by the last ones you critiqued, Im gonna say its a decent repro ? Because of the edging ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/National-Hockey-League-75th-Anniversary-AUTHENTIC-Patch-/290445552569?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Vintage_Sports_Memorabilia&hash=item439fe76bb9

That's Murf and Pat's eBay seller account. They sell legit patches and are all around good folks.

I honestly don't know if at this point any of the original 75th Anny patches are still around considering it's been 18 years, but the one Murf and Pat sell that you linked is as good as you can get.

Right. The ones with the tight little raised lip around the border are as close as you can come nowadays. Compare to a gamer:

NHL75thanniversaryRangers2-vi.jpg

I bought this one 2 weeks ago, great seller, fast shipping. Applied to my jersey today

Yeah, but remember, you're in Canada. It'll take a little longer to arrive to those of us in the States. I will echo your statement though that they do have quality stuff. I've bought from them numerous times and have yet to be disappointed.

Thanks guys I really appreciate all the help. I had no idea up until late last night there was more to this. Glad I know though.

Hawksfan79 says on the patch thread to never glue patches. I glued a '99 Cup patch to a white Modano a couple years ago. It looks great. Whats the negative when it comes to ironing it on with the glue as opposed to a sew on ?

Edited by Modano9