Toronto to Unveil New Jerseys

sqrh3ad

Pics and details from icethetics

LeafsNewSweaters.jpg

My understanding is that the new season will bring us 17 'new' jersey designs, some small, some with more changes. Got the info from guy who runs sports store.....makes you think its about the $$ :angry:

Not a Leafs fan but that's defiantly an improvement over what they had although I think the white jersey should have a blue lace.

My understanding is that the new season will bring us 17 'new' jersey designs, some small, some with more changes. Got the info from guy who runs sports store.....makes you think its about the $$ :angry:

Hopefully the Senators are one of those teams, I hate that stupid "SENS" jersey and would love to see a vintage barber stripe inspired jersey.

so what they added a bar and shoe string?

looks the same to me :)

new jersey's have the shoulder patch's that were used in the 90's, the stripes around the waste and the shoe-lace neck tie. I like the new jersey's expect for the shoe-lace neck tie thing.

come on now. Its the same as a 90's CCM except with a shoe-lace neck.

CASH GRAB!

come on now. Its the same as a 90's CCM except with a shoe-lace neck.

CASH GRAB!

To me it's more about putting right what once went wrong.

I always liked the patch shoulder patches. Don't know why they even bothered to remove them.

I totally dislike the shoe strings on en edge! Its looks stupid to have stings under that NHL shield IMO. Whats the point of strings if you already have a piece of jersey bridged over the gab already? kinda defeats the purpose of you ask me.

AMEN!! It's nice to see them going back to their nicest version of the last two decades...although I am still kinda impartial to the older, full arm yoked jerseys from the 80's and 70's. Those were just classic. There wasn't really anything wrong with the Nike style jerseys and kits but you just can't go wrong with that single layer and color font that they had since 1970.

Feels like a rather meh change. If the average fan cant tell whats new about it, they're not going to pay more money to update their wardrobe so I mean... *shrugs* standard Toronto!

Oh sure they will. How many people made the transition to the RBK jerseys when they were released JUST BECAUSE they were new? How many of those teams DIDN'T change their style too? The lemmings will walk right off the cliff and buy the new ones as soon as they're available.

I always liked the patch shoulder patches. Don't know why they even bothered to remove them.

I totally dislike the shoe strings on en edge! Its looks stupid to have stings under that NHL shield IMO. Whats the point of strings if you already have a piece of jersey bridged over the gab already? kinda defeats the purpose of you ask me.

I agree they should get rid of the strings, in my opinion. But I like the stripes at the bottom and the shoulder logo patches. Definitely an improvement over the previous EDGE jerseys. I'm not a big fan of the EDGE jerseys mostly because of the NHL shield logo on the front collar. I think it looks dumb. The NHL should go back to the old Reebok 6100 style jersey with normal collars.

I agree they should get rid of the strings, in my opinion. But I like the stripes at the bottom and the shoulder logo patches. Definitely an improvement over the previous EDGE jerseys. I'm not a big fan of the EDGE jerseys mostly because of the NHL shield logo on the front collar. I think it looks dumb. The NHL should go back to the old Reebok 6100 style jersey with normal collars.

The string and that collar shield looks wrong in my eyes. :noway:

They should have left a regular collar and maybe even have an old leafs crest on the front like the ones they had on the 1996 Heritage 3rd jerseys :)

I think the jerseys are awesome, and cant wait to buy one. It would have been cool to have a TBTC style jersey, but then I think they would have to tweak the 3rd jerseys as well. Well done Toronto, well done.

I like the old jerseys with no stripes better.

This message brought to you by crack cocaine. :lol:

i like those jerseys. i hope they decide on a new third jersey that is from the late 20's early 30's sytle (without brown hockey pants).

Or the style of the Leaf from the 40's. They had the red lettering on the leaf. I always thought that was cool.

phaneuf_59939.jpg

Ka-Ching! Minor modifications to a jersey they just changed a few years ago. I would rather have seen them do a blue version of their third jersey for their home and just make the third jersey their away jersey. This screams of cash grab too much.

i like those jerseys. i hope they decide on a new third jersey that is from the late 20's early 30's sytle (without brown hockey pants).

I think if the Leafs ever do a "throwback third" they should do a Toronto St. Pats green jersey. And yes, the brown or khaki pants must be in order! :thumbsup: I wouldn't like the idea of the Leafs wearing a green jersey with blue pants. Yuck! :lol:

I also believe it would be pretty cool if the original six or some of the older expansion teams did a what I call "throwback third" where they use their third jersey as a throwback of one of their older jerseys. But it cannot be MODERNIZED like some of the current thirds that are meant to be throwbacks are. They also should be as close as possible from that season or seasons. I don't mind the newer franchises sporting modernized third jerseys because they don't really have any vintage sweaters since they haven't been around for a while. But it would be neat if the older teams wore throwbacks from glory years or when they entered the league.