CCM Center Ice Authentic Tagging Discrepancies

chow_hound

Okay, so to preface this, this may be of NO use to some people who really will find this a waste of time, but to some collectors who care about the intricacies of jerseys, it may have some value.

I recalled having a debate with another collector friend years ago who always "SWORE" that the CCM Center Ice Authentic tag in authentic jerseys said:

Authentic Collection / Center Ice Mise Au Jeu /Collection Authentique followed by the word "NHL" in the bottom right hand corner, and I was from the position it said the same, with the exception of "TM" being in the bottom right hand corner. While right off the bat this sounds like the lamest discussion a person can possibly have, I thought it neccessary to investigate.

Originally, I was always thinking that this tag was a massed produced tag and that all jerseys had the exact same tag sewn in.

Apparently there are AT LEAST 3 different versions of this tag. One for CCM, one for Starter, and one for Nike, with possible others (such as Pro Player).

Anyways, this is what I'm talking about.And the differences can be seen below. Starter uses the NHL wordmark, CCM uses the TM wordmark, and Nike has a Copyright beside the NHL Logo.

The jersey tags pictured are all reputable and registered game worn jerseys.

Just wondering if anyone else has ever come across this before ?

Great work - that's definitely something I would have never noticed.

This reminds me of the "NHL Tags and Tails" guide that Brilliant posted on another board that he really needs to post here (hint hint).

Great work - that's definitely something I would have never noticed.

This reminds me of the "NHL Tags and Tails" guide that Brilliant posted on another board that he really needs to post here (hint hint).

Heh. That guide saved my Arse a few times when I started out.