Best deal or trade you have made...?

jerseymikea

We have all read about Brilliant!'s recent run of luck and his latest additions...What's the best deal you ever got or made on a jersey?

My best trade happened in the late 90's. I had a friend in Europe who knew someone looking for a Jagr Pens jersey. I made a trip to the local Modell's, picked up a replica CCM on sale, end of the season half price, and mailed it off...I never expected anything in return.

A few weeks later, I received this awesome gamer from Austria. I guess he was happy with the Jagr jersey!

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2104568900106460649dDNbsS

Lauri Korpikoski Adam Graves night warm up jersey for $250. I know for a fact that was more than 50% off and might have been up to 75% off. MSG collectibles was having a sale, and I got the last Graves Night jersey available. I was afraid that someone had bought it after I found out about the sale after they had closed. Best Hanukkah gift ever (from the whole family of course)!

brand new stll with tags canucks 95-96 alt for 200... A++ conditon burgerking for 150... A++ fisherman islanders 112.... thier a few ###### GOOD deals i've recived

Tampa Bay Lightning 'stormy weather' alt on clearance for $20.

1994-95 Minnesota Moose at a used clothing store for $15.

Customized Kariya Wild Wing jersey for $80 during the lockout. That was the year for buying jerseys, I tell you...

Blank 1996 Nike World Cup Team USA blue jersey for $125 (a blank sold for $375 recently on eBay).

From the same collector I picked up another customized as Doug Weight for $200 (a Modano one sold for $505 recently).

I knew I got a good deal on them but until the recent sales of others I didn't realize how good of a deal.

Blank 1996 Nike World Cup Team USA blue jersey for $125 (a blank sold for $375 recently on eBay).

From the same collector I picked up another customized as Doug Weight for $200 (a Modano one sold for $505 recently).

I knew I got a good deal on them but until the recent sales of others I didn't realize how good of a deal.

those Blue USA and the 98 Blue USA are by far my favorite USA jerseys ever.

My best were a 94-97 Western all star size 52 for $40 and a burger king for $70.

I traded an old pair of hockey gloves, two hockey sticks, and a helmet(Used value, maybe 70)

Bought and Sold

KOHO Sakic Replica ($135 after adding a 01 Cup Patch)

CCM Heatley Senators ($95 one week before he demanded a trade)

KOHO Carter Canucks ($60 during the Nucks run this year)

Authentic Coyotes 3rd Vaananen Jersey ($135 through kijiji)

I also won a REAL NWT RBK Premier Calgary Flames Iginla off ebay in July for $22

Also found a Authentic Pro Player Pat Lafontaine Black Sabre jersey size 52 at a thrift store for $8, Sold it for $190

Biggest losses

Autographed Paul Kariya Ducks size 52 for $40

1980s Replica Flames Theo Fleury for $12

and Authentic Devils Green and red size 52 for $25

hustled some sucker on here with a couple worthless Blackhawks authentics for a couple RBK edge jerseys. I almost feel bad for the guy. Almost.

Although all kidding aside, I've made some very nice buys.

- Burger King for $100 & $120

- Caps + Canucks blank edge jerseys for $180 shipped

- Team Canada 98 for $50

I've also been burnt a couple times so I guess that helps even things out I suppose :P

I traded an old pair of hockey gloves, two hockey sticks, and a helmet(Used value, maybe 70)

Bought and Sold

KOHO Sakic Replica ($135 after adding a 01 Cup Patch)

CCM Heatley Senators ($95 one week before he demanded a trade)

KOHO Carter Canucks ($60 during the Nucks run this year)

Authentic Coyotes 3rd Vaananen Jersey ($135 through kijiji)

I also won a REAL NWT RBK Premier Calgary Flames Iginla off ebay in July for $22

Also found a Authentic Pro Player Pat Lafontaine Black Sabre jersey size 52 at a thrift store for $8, Sold it for $190

Biggest losses

Autographed Paul Kariya Ducks size 52 for $40

1980s Replica Flames Theo Fleury for $12

and Authentic Devils Green and red size 52 for $25

I have to start checking out the thrift stores!! Great job on that one! Hope you made a small charitable donation.. :D

I recieved the following 3 Rbk Edge 2.0 jerseys:

Islanders blank,

Predators #71 Dumont --> now #19 Arnott,

Blackhawks 3rd from 08-09 #51 Campbell --> now #19 Toews

... in a trade for my home and away Lafontaine Sabres 1996-97 jerseys. I was so thrilled when they got here I just had to offer him a free lettering kit for one of his blank jerseys.

- Burger King for $100 & $120

You have TWO burger Kings??!?!

WTB: Burger King :)

nothing super amazing-

authentic 96 Avs Starter mesh for $25 off craigslist

authentic Wild Koho Gaborik for $50 (needs new nameplate though)

NWT Leafs Mats Sundin CCM replica for $20

can't think of any others offhand

96-97 Authentic Sharks Away Owen Nolan - $25 on eBay

95-96 Authentic Canucks Home Pavel Bure - $68 on eBay

and let's not forget...

2009-10 Game Used Mike Modano Third - 1st $99 Meigray grab bag :D

I bought a Mitchell and Ness 1981-1982 LA Kings gold Dave Taylor #18 jersey off ebay for $19.99. M&N NHL jerseys retail new at $350 and most sellers on forums and such look for between $100 and $150 for one. So that's what I call a deal. :D

I got so many great deals in 1999 and 2000 when Starter and Pro Player both went under and Value City bought their stock and sold them cheap. A PP Rangers authentic for $30 was pretty good. But my favorite buy was my Switzerland flowing flag authentic that I bought new for $18 Canadian back when the US-Canada exchange rate was about $1.60.

Nothing super amazing, did some computer work for a friend of mine. Couple months later I get a package in the mail and inside it is a Colorado Avalanche Authentic Reebok Jersey with a note in the box saying that the jersey was for the work I did to fix his computer.

So that was definitely a good trade.

Best deal for me was from TMLFAN on here who sold me a replica blank away Avs jersey and its in transit to me now!!

I got an authentic Avalanche KOHO customized with Drury #37 for $70. I spent less than $10 to get a 2001 Cup patch and put it on there.

• 2 weeks later...

Wildwing jersey for $90

Authentic Black Flyers jersey (Lindros) nike size56 $10.50

I got Two XXL's Russian red jerseys 2010 olympics. $40 per.

thanks Vancover2010.com!