Stripping Starter mesh

Nathan

I just picked up a nice-looking first-year Colorado starter jersey, but the partial customization on it isn't....well, it's not great. The 95-96 jerseys had a glacier twill going, but this is a flat standard twill. The C on the front (since there's also the 19 on the sleeves and back) is a bit bigger than normal and off to the side rather than being on the upper chest.

I've stripped quite a few jerseys, but have never tried it with a Starter mesh. Does anyone have any tips on how easy/tough it is, how much residue I can expect, and whether I'm likely to have snagging or fabric damage?

And for those who ask why I'd strip a perfectly good (almost) Sakic jersey, I'm thinking of going the Adam Deadmarsh route.

It's always seemed to me that Starter mesh jerseys are actually easier to strip than other jerseys. I don't know why but the heat-seal never fully adheres to it on any of the jerseys I've both stripped and customized. It might come off very easy. But be careful just in case obviously.

I agree with Brilliant.

From easiest to hardest (or worst/nightmare whatever you wanna call it):

1. Starter or CCM Rangers Mesh

2. Air-knit

3. Ultrafil or Bauer flo-knit

4. Edge

oooohh, I can prove you wrong on the CCM Rangers Mesh :o

I wouldn't disagree.

When it come to stripping a jersey, it all depends on the amount of glue and what type of machine the original sewer used. The fastest I have done is 30 mins on a ultrafil.

I managed to get the jersey successfully stripped; it actually took close to three hours since I wanted to salvage the numbers as much as possible.

So I have one fully intact set of numbers of the incorrect material and a Starter mesh jersey that shows no sign of having been previously customized.

I managed to get the jersey successfully stripped; it actually took close to three hours since I wanted to salvage the numbers as much as possible.

So I have one fully intact set of numbers of the incorrect material and a Starter mesh jersey that shows no sign of having been previously customized.

Good job saving the nameplate. That's one of the harder things to find with the mesh Avs jerseys (Starter and ProPlayer).

What do you guys use to clean off the adhesive that is left after stippping numbers/letters off? I am curious, because I tried to stip one authentic jersey many years ago, and there was so much adhesive under there that after I stipped the numbers off one arm, I gave up and had them sewn back on. I wasn't sure what to use to get that sticky junk off the fabric, and I was afraid to just start trying random stuff.

Paul

www.PensJerseys.com