Need help with a shipping question

TMLFAN

I've got a dilemma that I need help with. I want to send my Penguins jersey to cutting edge sports to get customized since they do the on ice jerseys for the pens. I've already talked to them about return shipping and was told they would use UPS to send the jersey back which is a big no no for us living north of the border. However, they said if I send them a return shipping label with the jersey then they will use that instead of UPS. I assume I would need a USPS shipping label since the package would be coming from the US to Canada so is there any way for me to purchase one even though I do not live in the States? I don't understand why they won't just send it back via USPS in the first place but that's what I was told.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brother,

many companies don't like to use USPS because their tracking is not as reliable as UPS or FedEx or other Courier. That's why they are reluctant to use USPS. Plus the fact that UPS ground is much cheaper than USPS, and they didn't know anything about brokerage fee. All they are thinkning is cheaper shipping makes customers happy (NOT happy if you are Canadian of course).

Brother,

many companies don't like to use USPS because their tracking is not as reliable as UPS or FedEx or other Courier. That's why they are reluctant to use USPS. Plus the fact that UPS ground is much cheaper than USPS, and they didn't know anything about brokerage fee. All they are thinkning is cheaper shipping makes customers happy (NOT happy if you are Canadian of course).

What difference does it make to cutting edge sports, I'm paying for the shipping. They charge you to customize the jersey + shipping costs so who cares if it costs more to ship via USPS, I'm paying for it not them.

What difference does it make to cutting edge sports, I'm paying for the shipping. They charge you to customize the jersey + shipping costs so who cares if it costs more to ship via USPS, I'm paying for it not them.

One more thing forgot to mention though: for UPS or FedEx or other courier, they offer pick-up service, PLUS they don't have to send a guy to lineup at a post office for an hour just to ship one package.

Keep in mind at the end of the day, they are a manufacturer/wholesaler, trying the best to cut the cost down as much as possible... Sending a guy to post office "COSTS" time, and time is money! :thumbsup:

One more thing forgot to mention though: for UPS or FedEx or other courier, they offer pick-up service, PLUS they don't have to send a guy to lineup at a post office for an hour just to ship one package.

Keep in mind at the end of the day, they are a manufacturer/wholesaler, trying the best to cut the cost down as much as possible... Sending a guy to post office "COSTS" time, and time is money! :thumbsup:

c'mon man this is 2010 not 1970. I'm sure USPS has business services where the business can print out there own shipping labels and have the packages sent out with their out going mail. I print out my own shipping labels if I have to mail out a jersey, I can go onto Canada post's website, buy a shipping label, print it out and tape it to the box then drop it into any mailbox. No waiting in line at the post office or any other BS.

c'mon man this is 2010 not 1970. I'm sure USPS has business services where the business can print out there own shipping labels and have the packages sent out with their out going mail. I print out my own shipping labels if I have to mail out a jersey, I can go onto Canada post's website, buy a shipping label, print it out and tape it to the box then drop it into any mailbox. No waiting in line at the post office or any other BS.

very true.

Yes I wouldn't disagree with you, BUT you have to also think of it this way: not all company are that "smart", some are still old school and one dimensional. AND the jersey is on their hand, I assume you don't have a gun to point at their head to force them to do anything. That's why I never send anything cross border for customization.

Cutting Edge is not a good company to deal with, bad experience before, and I won't buy from them at all, aside from gamer of course.

Yes I wouldn't disagree with you, BUT you have to also think of it this way: not all company are that "smart", some are still old school and one dimensional. AND the jersey is on their hand, I assume you don't have a gun to point at their head to force them to do anything. That's why I never send anything cross border for customization.

Cutting Edge is not a good company to deal with, bad experience before, and I won't buy from them at all, aside from gamer of course.

I understand what your saying and normally I hate sending my own jerseys out for customization since I prefer to do the customizing myself but I have not seen another place other then cutting edge that can do the Pens jerseys exactly like the gamers with the proper kiss-cut letters/numbers. I'd love to get the kit from exclusive pro or send the jersey to Icejerseys but from what I've seen they cannot do the lettering exactly the same as on the gamers.

Anyways, this isn't about whether they should use USPS or not but rather if there is a way for me to get a USPS shipping label myself to send to them.

Send an SASE (Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope). That way, you pay shipping, and know how its coming back.

Send an SASE (Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope). That way, you pay shipping, and know how its coming back.

I want my jersey shipped back in a box for safety but even so, I can't send them a pre-paid Canada Post shipping box to use since it has to go through the USPS system. It has to be a USPS box since it's starting out in the States.

https://sss-web.usps.com/cns/landing.do

You can print labels here, maybe this is what you can send them.

Tried that but you need a U.S. address based Credit Card to pay for it.

Tried that but you need a U.S. address based Credit Card to pay for it.

Have you tried leveling with them and just said, 'hey, please send it back USPS, and charge me the rate to my order, as it is impossible to get a shipping label without a US addressed credit card'

Explain to them the price difference for you and I'd be pretty confused if they didn't help you out.

Have you tried leveling with them and just said, 'hey, please send it back USPS, and charge me the rate to my order, as it is impossible to get a shipping label without a US addressed credit card'

Explain to them the price difference for you and I'd be pretty confused if they didn't help you out.

I did and explained that UPS will charge me $50 - $75 upon arrival. That is when they said to send them a return label. I sent them a response today saying I couldn't get one and if they would send it USPS for me but am waiting to hear back on that.

Alright, they offered to send via USPS as long as I pay with a CC so the jersey is on it 's way there. Too bad the Habs knocked them out last night.