Meigray $99 grab bag

Curry1fan

Who else is going in on this? Meigray is doing a $99 grab bag with the grand prize being a Stars Modano jersey. I just entered my first grab bag...can't wait to see what I pull!

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=4667635&catLevel=1&scLevel=0&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=48773&catParentID=48773&scId=48773

That was very quick, I was thinking about buying one as I would love to get that Alfie although the chances of actually ending up with it are quite slim.

:closedeyes:

didn't get in on this one.

did 2 previous ones at a higher price and it took me 2 years to sell them at a BIG loss.

i don't need a practice jersey for $100 when i can't even sell the ones i got from MG for $50.

:wacko:

I saw this on facebook and almost went for this one, but I have terrible luck and I know I'd get a worthless practice jersey. I hope you guys pull some good ones!

Best wishes to everyone who entered. I found out about it too late to register. Too bad there aren't any Penguins players in that bag or I would have went for it and knowing my luck I would be one of the 39 people who get the practice jersey. I could buy a practice jersey for less than $99 (incl. shipping) elsewhere.

I'm hoping there will be some Pens players among the training camp/preseason jerseys they throw in. I know there will be no Pens jerseys but since I am willing to get other team's jerseys if it's one of a former/current Penguin...that's just fine with me.

Well I got my grab bag today. It's an Edmonton Oilers 2008-2009 training camp jersey of Charlie Huddy (#52).

It's a very nice jersey, but unfortunately it does not fit my collection scheme and I have never heard of the player; so it's not even worth keeping on that basis.

If anyone wants to buy it I'll sell it for $120 or we can trade if you have any jerseys of current/former Pens in your collection. I will post pics in "it arrived today" in a little bit.

Well I got my grab bag today. It's an Edmonton Oilers 2008-2009 training camp jersey of Charlie Huddy (#52).

It's a very nice jersey, but unfortunately it does not fit my collection scheme and I have never heard of the player; so it's not even worth keeping on that basis.

If anyone wants to buy it I'll sell it for $120 or we can trade if you have any jerseys of current/former Pens in your collection. I will post pics in "it arrived today" in a little bit.

Charlie Huddy????

He was the assistant coach of the Oilers that year. Why does he have a practice jersey???

Charlie Huddy????

He was the assistant coach of the Oilers that year. Why does he have a practice jersey???

If it was an actual Charlie Huddy jersey, that would be pretty solid

According the MeiGray 2008-09 population report, it's Charlie Huddy's son Ryan Huddy who wore #52 in training camp only. He never made the NHL team and only played 5 games in the AHL, spending most of his time the ECHL that year.

Sell it back to Charlie Huddy to give to his bench warmer kid :)

Sell it back to Charlie Huddy to give to his bench warmer kid :)

Thanks for the clarification guys. My LOA said Charlie Huddy for sure. Weird. Guess they didn't research it that well, or someone got confused when writing the LOA.

Thanks for the clarification guys. My LOA said Charlie Huddy for sure. Weird. Guess they didn't research it that well, or someone got confused when writing the LOA.

The tag number should be F10455 or F10443 depending on if it is white or blue.

I got the Modano!!! It's my 1st gamer...I still can't believe it! I'll take some pics tomorrow and post...

Congrats! That's your picture on the Meigray facebook site holding the jersey? Sweet!

Congrats! That's your picture on the Meigray facebook site holding the jersey? Sweet!

Haha-Thanks! Yep, that's me! I was so pumped, I wanted to let eeeeeeeeeverbody know :D

I just took some pics and posted them in "It Arrived Today"

Edited by 4freezy

link the pic! :)

Awesome dude. Just awesome. That's arguably the greatest American-born player ever to play the game. You hang on to that one as long as you can.

Speaking of the MeiGray grab bag, I actually pulled the Milan Hejduk today. I think I should play the lottery tomorrow given my last two grab bag picks total $5,000 at retail. :D