Penguins Throwback

awirshba

When I was five years old I went to the hockey hall of fame in Toronto and bought a Super Mario jersey. It was the one all the way on the right. I really want to buy one (preferably size medium), but can't seem to find it anywhere. Anyone know where I can find one?

7.jpg

Thanks.

I bought a blank of that style on eBay recently, although it was youth-sized.

There's a youth XL on here with some pretty terrible customization:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PITTSBURGH-PENS-MARIO-LEMIEUX-YOUTH-KOHO-AUTHENTIC-XL-/270565242271?cmd=ViewItem&pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3efef1f59f

And a mens XL with better customization, but it's $375:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mario-Lemieux-Pittsburgh-Penguins-Authentic-Jersey-/230353953482?cmd=ViewItem&pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item35a22a62ca

They do pop up from time to time.

Guh...MORE Penguins fans?? Where are all of you COMING from?

:D

Your best bet is to find a blank version of this jersey and have it customized. No Lemieux jersey; pro or otherwise, is gonna be cheap. The blank route will take a little longer but save you a bunch of money in the end.

Also it may be helpful to know that style wasn't always an alternate/3rd jersey. It was their original third jersey for two years from 1995-1997. In 1997-1998 it became their official road jersey and stayed that way for 5 more years (until 2001-2002).

That style was originally made by Starter (1995-1999) then by ProPlayer (1999-2000) and finally Koho (2000-2002). If you're going for a Lemieux, he didn't wear the ProPlayer style (if you care about that level of accuracy).

http://www.nhluniforms.com/Penguins/Penguins.html

Guh...MORE Penguins fans?? Where are all of you COMING from?

:D

Nevermind the team. I am just happy to finally have more feminine company around this place! I still love you boys though! :thumbsup:

Nevermind the team. I am just happy to finally have more feminine company around this place! I still love you boys though! :thumbsup:

"Love" is a strong word. "Tolerate" might be more fitting. ;)

Juuust kidding.

Careful now. Some of us have powers and are just LOOKING for an excuse to use them.

Okay, I'm only kidding....or am I...? ;)

Nevermind the team. I am just happy to finally have more feminine company around this place! I still love you boys though!

You wanna know how big of an idiot I am? I JUST realized who you are and that you changed your screen name. I kept wondering if this new girl knew our other member from Wilkes-Barre. DUR! Don't mind me!

That Lemieux dont come cheap!

Just like paradise.

You wanna know how big of an idiot I am? I JUST realized who you are and that you changed your screen name. I kept wondering if this new girl knew our other member from Wilkes-Barre. DUR! Don't mind me!

Don't worry Mike, it took me quite a while as well.

Then again you can't talk much, you've got 3 different names on 3 different boards.

Don't worry Mike, it took me quite a while as well.

Then again you can't talk much, you've got 3 different names on 3 different boards.

Seriously man! I keep almost calling you Brilliant! on Rangerland and Blue here!

I just abbreviated for the nice people here at IJ. They don't need to know of my love for Wade Redden and Markus Naslund.

Agreed, the best thing to do would be to find a blank and get it customized. If you specifically look for a Lemieux, you will probably end up paying $200 to $300 for it. Keep checking ebay, that's where I found mine.

Agreed, the best thing to do would be to find a blank and get it customized. If you specifically look for a Lemieux, you will probably end up paying $200 to $300 for it. Keep checking ebay, that's where I found mine.

Where/how does one get a jersey customized? I just got a blank one on eBay and I'm looking to get the 66 on it ASAP.

Where/how does one get a jersey customized? I just got a blank one on eBay and I'm looking to get the 66 on it ASAP.

Go to Icejereys store page and click the link the says "customize your jersey" near the top of the screen. Follow the instructions on the page and your good to go.

Also it may be helpful to know that style wasn't always an alternate/3rd jersey. It was their original third jersey for two years from 1995-1997. In 1997-1998 it became their official road jersey and stayed that way for 5 more years (until 2001-2002).

That style was originally made by Starter (1995-1999) then by ProPlayer (1999-2000) and finally Koho (2000-2002). If you're going for a Lemieux, he didn't wear the ProPlayer style (if you care about that level of accuracy).

http://www.nhluniforms.com/Penguins/Penguins.html

The alternates were actually made by CCM first, but authentic CCM versions of the jersey were never available at retail. CCM made the jersey for one season, then the Penguins switched to Starter, who made them available as retail authentics, first without a fight strap, then with.