When reebok took the 6100 ('05-'06) did the replica 550's still use the CCM/KOHO Branding?

Michael Bennett

Hello all,

I am trying to figure something out which hopefully someone knows. After the lockout, the one-ice authentics became Reebok 6100. The little Reebok logo was on the back of the neck.

My question is, being that reebok owned ccm/koho, did they leave those brand tags on the replica 550's?

I know that when the premier/edge took over, that the reebok logo was on the neck of both levels, just trying to get my history straight. Pretty sure I am talking from '05/'06 - '08/'09.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

-mike

After the lockout and before EDGE, the 550s were CCM tagged (neck and sleeve) for all jerseys. The 6100s were Reebok vector tagged as they were on ice.

So there were no more Koho jerseys? I think you're right.

Yeh, Koho tagged 550 replicas were from before 2005 (pre-lockout). So any 3rds/dark 550 replicas with CCM tagging are from 2005-2007 (pre-Edge era). CCM 550 whites can be from 2000-2007 assuming no design change for a given team.

The main difference between the pre-lockout CCM-branded 550s and after was that the NHL puck logo was no longer on the jerseys after the lockout.

RBK just about did away with the Koho and Jofa names after they bought CCM/Koho/Jofa right around the time of the lockout.

The main difference between the pre-lockout CCM-branded 550s and after was that the NHL puck logo was no longer on the jerseys after the lockout.

Now there's something I didn't know or ever notice. Learned something new today.