Game worn jersey questions

Curry1fan

GAME WORN MILLIONAIRES BIEKSA, game 2 of 2013 stanley cup playoffs. i call it, the BAD LUCK jersey

IMG_3115.jpg

That's a fake, I don't see a foot or cupcake.

My bad luck jersey is pretty much every Caps jersey.

My only advice is be super careful at games. All I own is reps, and I was wearing my blank Victoria Royals to a Royals game, being fairly careful, guy behind me drenches me with beer. No matter how careful you are in a gamer, theres still a chance it happens.

This is why rarely wear jerseys to bars anymore. After the Bruins won the conference finals in 2011, my Bergeron sweater turned into a beer-seeking missile for the rest of the night.

This is why rarely wear jerseys to bars anymore. After the Bruins won the conference finals in 2011, my Bergeron sweater turned into a beer-seeking missile for the rest of the night.

My butt-cheeks are clenched at the thought, especially if it's a nice Bergy shirt.

beer rinses out

Sadly I've had this happen- it wasn't a whole lot so I came home and hand-washed the area with Woolite.....are you saying dunking it in a tub of cold water (or running it under water) would be adequate?

Sadly I've had this happen- it wasn't a whole lot so I came home and hand-washed the area with Woolite.....are you saying dunking it in a tub of cold water (or running it under water) would be adequate?

so would washing in a gentle cycle ... either detergent free or using woolite

My butt-cheeks are clenched at the thought, especially if it's a nice Bergy shirt.

hahaha. It's just a replica, but it's my favorite (06-07 3rd/throwback).

I've worn game jerseys to the Garden before. I always get compliments on my white John Ogrodnick and blue Jan Erixon. It's not hard to stay clean if you're careful. But, I'd never really go any higher than those guys. I certainly wouldn't wear my Amonte there.

I wear my blue NYR gamers to games... I'm am afraid to wear my whites... Ketchup, wings or pizza sauce would be disastrous!

I wear my blue NYR gamers to games... I'm am afraid to wear my whites... Ketchup, wings or pizza sauce would be disastrous!

Totally. And I don't have gamers but that's why I don't wear my WC out anymore-don't want to risk it getting stained. But I feel like my white CCM's are ok to wear vs. my white EDGE (1.0) as if the EDGE gets dirty I'd have to come home and wash it. And since it's made primarily of sugar and paper mache it would surely dissolve under the water.

Not sure I get the fear of wearing gamers out in public.

Granted I am not wearing my best gamers out, but I almost exclusively wear game worns to games.

I don't eat during the game I eat before and when I do I take my jersey off...simple.

Yes, I have had a beer spilled down my back by the drunk behind me. Got home, washed the jersey on delicate cycle and back

to the way it was before the spillage.

The only real risk of washing out wear is if the jersey hasn't been washed since the wear(stick mark) was added to the jersey.

I purchased a game worn and was handed the jersey immediately after the game. The jersey was drenched and there was no way that sweat soaked

jersey was hanging next to my other jerseys. There was a stick mark on one of the back numbers that faded even though I washed the jersey without detergent.

Had I not picked up the jersey after the game it would've been washed by the team and the stick mark would've been gone anyways.

Exercise a little care and enjoy your jerseys...isn't that why you purchased them?

I agree. Other than the WC, because it is a light colored jersey AND hard to replace, I wear 'em all. I'll wear the WC in more "controlled" environments lol

I wear all of mine, want to enjoy them and they are a talking piece with folks instead of sitting in a closet. Teams wash their jerseys so I have no issue getting beer spilled on me and washing it. You ever try and sell it just be honest and say it has been washed since you purchased it; slight sticks marks may come out but it will still have the burns, tears, and repairs.

I guess as someone who doesn't collect gamers, to me if you care that much about it being photomatched and/or want to resell it, you shouldn't do anything that would change its condition.

If you buy it to wear it and as a conversation piece, then it doesn't really matter if you wear it and wash it. As has been pointed out, the team washes them constantly anyway, so marks that were there when a picture was taken may have been washed out before you ever bought it.

• 1 month later...

You can do whatever you want in them go food shopping, rent a car, paint a picture , rob a bank, etc. it wouldn't hurt to just tell the future buyer you wore it recreationally just so accidental wear doesn't get confused for game wear

Just be careful while wearing them.. You should be able to enjoy them... It would just really suck to get a spaghetti, ketchup or wine stain on a jersey that doesnt come out..

Just be careful while wearing them.. You should be able to enjoy them... It would just really suck to get a spaghetti, ketchup or wine stain on a jersey that doesnt come out..

Totally agree- that's why I'm selective when I wear jerseys out and to where I wear them. It's somewhat comical, walking around in my WC on a Sunday doing my thing but removing it before sitting down for dinner with the family.

It's somewhat comical, walking around in my WC on a Sunday doing my thing but removing it before sitting down for dinner with the family.

I do the same thing, because 9/10 times, I spill my food :D

• 2 weeks later...

How can i find HD photos to photomatch my jersey ?

Scour AP Images and Getty looking for obvious matches. Look at hockey cards, media guides, magazines, books, etc.

Then use the info in this other thread on getting prints from the Getty matches you'll find of that shirt.

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=6003