Anybody display or framed their jerseys?

St. Patrick

I have a team auto'd Av's jersey that I'm going to get framed. I'm looking for some ideas and was wondering if anybody else out there has done the same thing?

Once found a site where a chap had his collection of gamers on half mannequins in display cases, they made up the walls of a room. Was absolutely top drawer. Can't find the bloody thing now of course, but that for me is the ultimate goal for jersey display. Have to have a great collection of gamers to make it worthwhile though I guess.

I've got an autographed Team USA Olympic jersey from '98 that I have in a frame. I decided to not have it matted and pinned down and instead opted for a "shadow box" style frame that had a hanger in it.

I got the frame and the hanger from Pennzoni Displays (on eBay or pennzonidisplay.com).

The problem I had with many of the other frames I came across was that they weren't wide enough for a hockey jersey with the arms out to the sides. Here is the frame and the hanger that I purchased. The frame is fairly basic, but good quality in my opinion for the price.

I want to frame my Authentic Autographed Fleury Jersey, but its going to be pricey....

I like the manaquin idea.

Found it again. Presume these guys are knocking about the jersey forums somewhere, so hope they don't mind me using the link:

Long%20wall%20wp.jpg

from SJJerseys.com

That room is the absolute balls B)

WOW! :blink: I WISH I HAD THAT WHOLE DISPLAY SET-UP!

WOW! :blink: I WISH I HAD THAT WHOLE DISPLAY SET-UP!

Set up? Psh. I wish I had those jerseys. If mine eyes are correct I swear I saw a Ray Bourque, Dale Hawerchuk, Pat LaFontaine, and a Mike Gartner jersey

:blink:

The display doesn't hold anything up to those gamers imho.

Set up? Psh. I wish I had those jerseys. If mine eyes are correct I swear I saw a Ray Bourque, Dale Hawerchuk, Pat LaFontaine, and a Mike Gartner jersey

:blink:

The display doesn't hold anything up to those gamers imho.

Yea looks like maybe a Stastny, Yzerman, Lidstrom, Nieuwendyk, and Kurri too!

I'm confused by their website - it would seem many of the jerseys pictured in the displays are also listed under "previously owned". The Francis, Gartner, Oats, Statsny, and Yzerman from the display (as well as others) show up in both places. It's not absurd to think the guy had doubles of some players, but the patches match up - what are the odds he had two blue Mike Gartner Rangers jerseys with the NHL 75th anny patch and two white Ron Francis Pens jerseys with the SC 100th anny patch? Maybe he fell on hard times or something.

Good catch - looks like he swapped most of his gamers in the first few pics for Bruins gamers. His list of "previously owned" jerseys is sick, just about any one of those would be the highlight of many folks collections.

If I ever get around to finishing my basement I may have to look at doing something like this - albeit on a smaller scale (may only 4 or 6 jerseys).

Crap TV mind :P

the TV is in the way!

toss the TV an put up another Orr :)

What do you mean another Orr? I don't see AN Orr in there. Frankly, if there's an individual out there who has multiple Orr jerseys, then ladies and gentlemen, we have a very serious problem on our hands. All kidding aside however, those displays are insane. I could check off about 10 or 11 jerseys off my list just shopping through that room alone.

I only have one framed but I also have it surrounded with other items:

room-vi.jpg

I was thinking of Framing my Graves Night Jersey, but I figured the case it came in was good enough.

The only jersey I actually have framed is an autographed Magic Johnson Jersey I have as a kid. I have it next to a display I made in wood shop (call it lame but I got an A!) for my autographed baseballs and hockey pucks

What do you mean another Orr? I don't see AN Orr in there. Frankly, if there's an individual out there who has multiple Orr jerseys, then ladies and gentlemen, we have a very serious problem on our hands. All kidding aside however, those displays are insane. I could check off about 10 or 11 jerseys off my list just shopping through that room alone.

I only have one framed but I also have it surrounded with other items:

room-vi.jpg

What size is that frame that your jersey is in? Do you remember what it cost?

Oh man, that room is sick. I would freakin' love something like that...need some worthwhile jerseys first though. Wow...just wow.

The only jerseys I have on display are the jerseys I wore while playing on the Rutgers University roller hockey team. Other than that I don't have anything worth displaying unless I were to just decorate the walls with replica jerseys but meh I'd rather use posters for that.

for a cheap alternative, the craft store "michael's" sells shadow boxes that can house a jersey for <$50 iirc. if you can find a coupon, which they offer, quite frequently, can probably pick it up for $30-$40

the biggest downfall is that they only come with velcro and no hanger on the inside. if you're handy, im sure you can add your own. looks like this

2976404050099825289S500x500Q85.jpg

for a cheap alternative, the craft store "michael's" sells shadow boxes that can house a jersey for <$50 iirc. if you can find a coupon, which they offer, quite frequently, can probably pick it up for $30-$40

the biggest downfall is that they only come with velcro and no hanger on the inside. if you're handy, im sure you can add your own. looks like this

2976404050099825289S500x500Q85.jpg

That is nice. Here's my idea. I bought a 2005-06 Av's media guide, 2005-06 Av's card team set, and a game puck that I am going to incorporate in with the auto'd jersey.

What size is that frame that your jersey is in? Do you remember what it cost?

Hey sorry...I just saw this now. I bought it online somewhere a few years back. I really don't remember the name of the place but they had all different sizes and I think this one was the biggest one. I'm pretty sure it was about $170.

I guess it's just an old picture. If you use the links on the bottom of the page they can swap the jerseys out, eg a room of Bruins:

Bruins%20on%20Display%20wp.jpg

SJJerseys.com

Either way I still think that's the way to display gamers, if you got the space/money.

I helped Steve with the mannequins that he used in his display. He purchased them from www.mannequinland.com.

They are great and it's what I use when I set up at shows and in my basement.

Here are a few photos from the Pittsburgh Game Worn Hockey Jersey Expo that I hosted back in 2008:

DSC06587.jpg

DSC06592.jpg

DSC06585.jpg

I plan on doing something similar to MeiGray with the over-sized photos in behind the game worn jersey. I have five Lemieux gamers so it should be easy to make a nice display. I'm also looking for neat ideas to display his 1991 Stanley Cup Finals skates and his 1992 Stanley Cup Finals pants - both photo-matched to him hoisting the Cup.

Edited by PenguinsChronicles.com

Wow!

I could cry.

The jerseys in the last few pages on this thread are UNREAL!

• 4 weeks later...

I contacted him regarding those 2 Nordiques jerseys... I guess he sold them both (Goulet and Stastny).... he now only collects Bruins jerseys. And wow, you don't wanna know what he paid for those Nords jerseys.... I would have had to sell my car to get either, LOL.

He paid $92 for those jersey/mannequin stands.