Youth Jerseys

strema

Does anyone collect youth-sized jerseys? They don't have the best quality or selection, but I have a hard time wearing even the smallest men's sizes without getting tangled and looking ridiculous. I have one jersey, a youth (8-20) in S/M. Are kid-sized jerseys faked often? Any tips for purchasing?

I've only once seen a fake youth-sized jersey, coincidentally it was a Pens Crosby. Generally though, I think because they don't make youth-sized authentic jerseys (fight strap and all) that like other replicas, the counterfeiters don't see much of a market for making fake youth jerseys.

I would say that you may want to stay away from pre-customized youth jerseys because often times the quality of the customization can be poor, at least from the experiences I've had buying them for my two nephews. When getting smaller jerseys customized, you should aware that normally youth jerseys use smaller fonts (unfortuantely it doesn't always cost less though).

I am in the process of customizing a mid-90's Penguins home (white) toddler jersey into a 1995-96 Mario Lemieux Penguins jersey. The jersey has full two-color tackle twill in the Penguins lettering and numbering style modeled exactly after the game worn jersey I have of Lemieux from that season. It will also have a nameplate and zig-zag stitching around the letters and numbers.

I will post pictures when I'm finished sewing it up...hopefully tonight or tomorrow.

Casey Samuelson

Owner / Webmaster

PenguinsChronicles.com - The History of the Pittsburgh Penguins

Cool project ... I hope the recipient of the toddler jersey appreciates the detail that goes into it.

I'm worried the hit my wallet would take if either of my nephews gets the jersey bug and starts expecting youth jerseys accurately customized with kiss-cut multi-layer twill from his favorite uncle. :blink:

Then again it'd be fun to enlighten a youngster in the ways of jersey collecting: how to spot fakes, a love ultra-fil and CCM/Starter mesh, a loathing of Nike Swift and Reebok Edge cuts. thumbsup_anim.gif

Ooh, can't wait to see the pictures of that jersey! I bought a late 90s (yellow/white on black) jersey that I'd like to customize if I can find the materials. :)

I have an Avalanche Third (with the diagonal spelling) and team Canada red (with the maple leaf, 2002) youth jerseys size L. If you want them...

Hey guys,

Sorry I didn't follow up to this thread over the weekend. Between Easter, cleaning out the garage, and sewing the jerseys I didn't have much time online this weekend.

The 1995-96 Lemieux is coming along great! I have all of the yellow tackle twill sewn on with a zig-zag stitch and I began working on the black tackle twill late last night.

I'm hoping to have it done tonight. At the same time I'm working on a 1995-96 CCM Alternate Boys jersey for my son...he's only 9 1/2 months, but he'll appreciate it being a 20-25 year old defunct style when he's old enough to wear it. :thumbsup:

If you have ever tried to customized your own jersey with multi-layer tackle twill you can appreciate the amount of time and precision that it takes, but try doing it on a TODDLER jersey where the nameplate letters are 1 1/2" tall or less and getting access to sew the sleeve numbers on!

I should be done with the 1995-96 Home jersey tonight and I'll post pics.

Happy Collecting!

Casey Samuelson

Owner / Webmaster

Any interest in either of my jerseys? I would do 50 for both of them.

Hi guys,

I didn't finish it last night, but I did take some photos. The black tackle twill of the back and sleeve numbers still needs to be sewn down as well as the nameplate, but here it is...

9596lemieuxcdsf.jpg

9596lemieuxcdsb.jpg

And the jersey it was modeled after - my 1995-96 Mario Lemieux Game Worn Home Jersey:

9596lemieuxhf.jpg

9596lemieuxhb.jpg

Happy collecting!

Casey Samuelson

Owner / Webmaster

Looks fabulous!! Someone will be very lucky to wear it. :)

Hi guys,

I didn't finish it last night, but I did take some photos. The black tackle twill of the back and sleeve numbers still needs to be sewn down as well as the nameplate, but here it is...

9596lemieuxcdsf.jpg

9596lemieuxcdsb.jpg

And the jersey it was modeled after - my 1995-96 Mario Lemieux Game Worn Home Jersey:

9596lemieuxhf.jpg

9596lemieuxhb.jpg

Happy collecting!

Casey Samuelson

Owner / Webmaster

The jersey looks fantastic! Well done! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words. I'll try and post some pics of my 9 1/2-month old son rocking his Lemieux jersey watching the Senators/Penguins Game 1 pre-game...and playing with his blocks.