this nameplate looks like crap?

tomtucker

Really a gamer?

My link

I've seen nameplates that don't match the jersey colour before but did Stamkos ever wear a size 54? I know this years jerseys are size 56.

Pretty funny when you see some customization jobs on gamers that make you go "meh". I think sometimes we're more stringent with our requirements than the equipment managers.

Pretty funny when you see some customization jobs on gamers that make you go "meh". I think sometimes we're more stringent with our requirements than the equipment managers.

I would agree. I've seen some pretty bad Wild jerseys. I would lean towards it being a gamer. Looks like it has some stories to tell.

It's true!! I do the exact same thing. I'll take such great care when applying numbers, plates and patches to make sure everything is straight and even but there are a TON of gamers out there that just look rushed and slapped together. I think that just adds to the character of the jersey to be honest.

Some of my game worn ones are the worst for attention to detail. Just the other day I was at a college hockey game and the guys nameplate was noticeably over to the right. There were three letters on one side of his #9 and only one to the left.

I couldn't agree more. Which is why sometimes it is very hard to remain calm when a customer obsesses about minute details of their customization job. Most of what is worn on the ice is inconsistent and imperfect. Do you think equipment managers - or even players for that matter have the time, patience or motivation to analyze every detail of every jersey that hits the ice? Not a chance! Short of a misspelling they couldn't care less. Maybe something to keep in mind when evaluating the customization job on future jersey purchases.

I couldn't agree more. Which is why sometimes it is very hard to remain calm when a customer obsesses about minute details of their customization job. Most of what is worn on the ice is inconsistent and imperfect. Do you think equipment managers - or even players for that matter have the time, patience or motivation to analyze every detail of every jersey that hits the ice? Not a chance! Short of a misspelling they couldn't care less. Maybe something to keep in mind when evaluating the customization job on future jersey purchases.

Difference being that they don't have to pay to have their name put on the jersey ;)

Really a gamer?

My link

Here is a photomatch for that jersey. He claims he wore this jersey to close out the season.

Note the stick mark on the left chest area (right side of the photo)

277%20Stamkos%20TBL%20White%20Jersey%2008-09%20Neck%20MQ.jpg

Here is a photo from a game against the Islanders April 4th 2009, which is part of the game list for which this jersey was used

85824781.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA5480D4879DD74288FCC5BE705D085D594DF7739F8E0B4A5FDC0

and here is a photo where you can see the difference in colour between the nameplate and the rest of the jersey (from his final game in Atlanta)

85916202.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA548C56D9D80041E4B58592E6827EBA4F4370CA39BA98D15BA88