THE LEAFS WILL WIN CUP IN 2012

Thelonious Sphere Monk

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Leafs had 4 power play goals last night in their win against Nashville. That's pretty scary.

I agree it is scary that there is still a team in Nashville :D

I agree it is scary that there is still a team in Nashville :D

Quite ironically, thus far Nashville is blanking Montreal 1-0. So from allowing 4 PP goals to quite possibly earning a shutout... I don't know what to say! :lol:

Yeah akteon I agree there should never have been a team in Nashville IMO.

...So is the Stanley Cup parade on the usual route down Yonge St. this year?

I think that route has been overgrown with Tall grass, corn fields and large mature Oak trees.

• 3 months later...

is it me or did the Leafs just win AGAIN?! AND over PHILLY?!?! WTF! I think hell is a ice rink right now.

Them trades must of lit a fire under the teams bench or something.

If they make a playoff spot ill never hear the end of it.

TMLFAN might even take the bag off his head now!

is it me or did the Leafs just win AGAIN?! AND over PHILLY?!?! WTF! I think hell is a ice rink right now.

Them trades must of lit a fire under the teams bench or something.

If they make a playoff spot ill never hear the end of it.

TMLFAN might even take the bag off his head now!

Their on fire right but many teams are fighting for a playoff spot so I won't be surprised is they or any team fighting for a spot doesn't make it.

Leafs are playing well, you have to give them that, whether you like them or not. I think the race to make the playoffs in both conferences will be really exciting and intriguing. Leafs, Sabres, and Canes are the competitors for #8 in the East, but the West is much more wide open. This is what makes the NHL exciting over other sports. :thumbsup:

The Leafs are getting my man Matt Frattin next year. The guy is playing in a league of his own right now in College Hockey. Tied for the NCAA lead in goals scored playing a harder schedule than anyone else in the NCAA's other than one team.

There's a bunch of vids on YouTube of him, but some of them don't show the whole story about how good of a player he is. I haven't seen a college player this good play for UND since Jonny Toews did (granted, Frattin is currently older than Toews, and Frattin is still in college and Toews is in his 4th year of the big show). He's a big power forward, but has a great skill set...awesome passer, great vision, very hard to knock off the puck, plays defense, and has an INSANELY hard and very accurate wrister.

Here's a few of my favorites (PS, if you hear the name Hextall in any of the vids, that is Ron's son Brett):

(HUGE HIT)

(Awesome one-timer from tough angle)

(Ovechkin-esque breakaway goal, was #1 Top Play on SportsCenter that night)

(wickedly quick release, going top shelf)

There's a ton more...you'll like this kid.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to buy them and move them to Corpus Christi, TX just to spite all you Canadians. Take that!

What arena are you going to use? Brian Leetch's childhood backyard?

If you spend over 1 billion they will throw in the Raptors for free :)

If the Leafs are going to win the Cup, they had better first make the playoffs. This year would be a good start to get their youngsters some experience. But I don't really see that happening. Toronto's fading too quickly and the teams ahead of them in Buffalo and the NY Rangers aren't slowing down at all.

• 2 months later...

Well, as I see it now (after Boston's win), Toronto is the only original six team remaining that hasn't won a cup in the past 17 years and SHOULD win one soon. That is unless "their year" was to have been the lockout season back in 95 and if thats the case, well I feel sorry for the city of Toronto. The fans deserve it.

Well, as I see it now (after Boston's win), Toronto is the only original six team remaining that hasn't won a cup in the past 17 years and SHOULD win one soon. That is unless "their year" was to have been the lockout season back in 95 and if thats the case, well I feel sorry for the city of Toronto. The fans deserve it.

I agree with you. I'm not a big fan of the Leafs or their raucous fans, but the NHL playoffs aren't the same without the Maple Leafs.

• 6 months later...

Neither of those teams is winning a Cup any lifetime soon.

Who is making these draft picks for Montreal and what is the supposed "identity" of their team?

They hit a home run (probably) with Subban, Pacioretty and Plekanec were good picks, obviously price. Otherwise, lots of meh in their organization and most of their FA signings are garbage. They paid Erik Cole A LOT of money, Gionta was a bad buy, etc.

Toronto is moving in the right direction at least but they are a long way from real contention IMO. This Lupul spree is going to come to an abrupt halt (take your pick, old-fashioned cooling down, freak injury, recurring injury) and they are not exactly brimming with depth. Goalie situation is still way up in the air, I like the Reimer kid, he's a competitor but far from a sure bet.

• 1 month later...

HA!

..and once again the Leafs blow a 4-1 lead and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!

:thumbsup:

Neither of those teams is winning a Cup any lifetime soon.

Who is making these draft picks for Montreal and what is the supposed "identity" of their team?

They hit a home run (probably) with Subban, Pacioretty and Plekanec were good picks, obviously price. Otherwise, lots of meh in their organization and most of their FA signings are garbage. They paid Erik Cole A LOT of money, Gionta was a bad buy, etc.

Toronto is moving in the right direction at least but they are a long way from real contention IMO. This Lupul spree is going to come to an abrupt halt (take your pick, old-fashioned cooling down, freak injury, recurring injury) and they are not exactly brimming with depth. Goalie situation is still way up in the air, I like the Reimer kid, he's a competitor but far from a sure bet.

Yeah, and you can add Scott Gomez to that list of flops/poor signings.

Yeah, and you can add Scott Gomez to that list of flops/poor signings.

The signing was Sather's fault, but the fact they actually traded for him is grounds to be fired.

HA!

so NOT winning!

:stickhndl:

I just think it's hard to believe NHL teams would not see that Gomez has been washed up for the past few years.... That's why they have scouting, right? :lol: Soon enough he'll turn into Chris Chelios, refusing to retire (and give other young players a chance) and playing FAR beyond the time he should have given it up.