Question about gameworn.net

Displaced Swede - FJC

Quick question about the gameworn.net website.

EVERY time I go on there, i see a ton of jerseys I am interested in. However, there are NEVER active auctions, How often do they list new jerseys on there?

gameworn.net is separate from gamewornauctions.net. It's run by the same guys but it's two different sites. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think the auctions are only run a few times a year.

gameworn.net is separate from gamewornauctions.net. It's run by the same guys but it's two different sites. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think the auctions are only run a few times a year.

Thanks...

Ya, i've always accessed the auctions site through a link on the gameworn.net, never saw it the URL changed.

Thanks...

Ya, i've always accessed the auctions site through a link on the gameworn.net, never saw it the URL changed.

Well actually going back about to the beginning of 2007 years there have been 6 auction lots.

They don't run stuff too often. (e.g. only one auction lot in 2009)

Granted, there are quite a few when they do run though

Be very certain you understand their policies when bidding on auctions their site and others like it. The auction house rules are very, very different from ebay.

The basics are that NO auction ends until there have been no bids on ANY lot in the ENTIRE auction for 10 minutes, causing the auctions to stay active hours and hours past their supposed "end time".

Gamewornauctions.net does NOT take any sort of credit card or paypal payments. You have to have the money on had in full to get a money order to mail them. NO buy now, pay later without taking the major hit of a cash advance off a credit card to generate the funds.

Speaking of funds, you better be prepared for some seriously screwed up policies. While ebay is very, very pro "buyer" in their policies, in that the SELLER takes the hit for the listing fees, the final value fees and has to give up a portion of the money they receive through paypal, with auction houses, YOU the BUYER get nailed to the wall for a fee called a "buyers premium", and it's a friggin' killer. It's and extra $35 on a $200 final auction price. OUCH!

YOU have to pay an additional 17.5% fee on top of the auction price for the honor of winning their auction, IN ADDITION to the shipping charges, which are rather high as well with mandatory insurance through UPS. Expect something around $25 minimum. By the way, UPS means horrific additional fees for anyone in Canada.

WIth the shipping and buyer's premium, it's an extra $60 on your $200 jersey. That's an extra 30%!

Woah, I had no idea it was that bad.

I knew of the 17%,

I have just seen several Flames jerseys go low (Huselius for $150, Boyd for $100)