2010-11 Jersey Design Changes

akteon

I'm not too surprised about that. The replica jerseys are so cheap, it's embarrassing. What about the nameplate? Are the letters screen-printed on or heat-pressed? I can't see anything on that jersey being stitched at all which is awful.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not too surprised about that. The replica jerseys are so cheap, it's embarrassing. What about the nameplate? Are the letters screen-printed on or heat-pressed? I can't see anything on that jersey being stitched at all which is awful.

The numbers are actually stitched on. I knew I wasn't going to get great quality when I got the replica. It's just a jersey to wear around to games. If I spill something on it no big deal.

Yeah, I think the way those Sabres alternates look, a blank might be the best bet in order to avoid that UGLY font and numbering. Not a big fan of the yellow nameplate either.

I don't think they're gonna wear a gold jersey this year. The Draft Day one is an NHL Vintage jersey from 2003-04 that has the colored shoulder yoke and is different from the EDGE one. That was just them hinting at what was going to happen this year. I know the purple one will be worn in Vancouver for Opening Night to celebrate the first game ever played there 40 years ago. Maybe it'll be just a specialty jersey worn on certain nights rather than an exclusive 3rd.

It's going to look awesome on the ice next to the Canucks 40th anniversary jerseys. Talk about a good throwback night.

I prefer the gold draft day vintage to the new purple one.

Next season I expect the Kings to make the silver & black 3rd their home jersey, add a road version of the silver & black, then keep the purple & gold as a "permanent" 3rd.

I like both of the Kings jerseys mentioned above - the forum blue and the gold. The purple jersey looks really slick. In my opinion, it's one of the best EDGE third jerseys I have seen. Can't wait for it to hit stores. The draft day gold looks cool too even though it's not being worn this season. I have the 1981-1982 Kings M&N Dave Taylor gold jersey and it's such a beautiful. The crown crest fits perfectly with the gold, purple yoke on the arms, and white trim.

I have to admit that back in the day the Kings had one of the best looking home/away uniform combos. For years they didn't have a white jersey. It wasn't until they switched their colors to black, white, and silver that they donned a white jersey.

Called the Kings store and the NHL shop. No authentics for the Kings new jerseys. FML.

I wouldn't imagine those would be retailed actually. It's a specialty jersey that most likely won't be worn in regularity this year. Kinda like the Devils red and green ones from last year.

Called the Kings store and the NHL shop. No authentics for the Kings new jerseys. FML.

Wow that's absolutely ridiculous. I cannot believe that. I could see if it was a one game only deal, but if they are going to wear them for several games, then why not sell authentics?!?!

I picked up a replica at the arena the other day. The numbers they are using are not the faux felt like the on ice ones. The stitching on the inside the numbers are printed on no actually stitched.

photogji.jpg

The nameplates didn't look all that horrible tonight on the gamers. They trimmed them pretty close so there's not a lot of yellow.

I am surprised they didn't go with their block name font though. They are using one that reminds me of the Canadiens font.

Eh...I don't mind them from afar. It's just great to see Buffalo in royal blue again. It reminds me of the 80's and 90's and the way the Sabres SHOULD look.

The Kings and Canucks jerseys look awesome on the ice. I love the fact that the Kings have no names either. Excellent!

Wow that's absolutely ridiculous. I cannot believe that. I could see if it was a one game only deal, but if they are going to wear them for several games, then why not sell authentics?!?!

[/quote

I guess same as last yrs Winter classic and 08 compared to 09...the league, teams (and collectors) wish to eradicate the knockoffs, but hey with people willing to spend the $$$ on the real thing....just not make it available...yep, makes perfect sense...... :o

I noticed while watching the game tonight neither LA or Vancouver had names on their jerseys. I thought both were going to have them on the retro jerseys?

Ooooooh new Kings jerseys!

KingsVintageStoll2010.jpg

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2010/10/7/kings-unveil-vintage-jersey.html

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME.

• 2 weeks later...

Ducks alternate jersey has been leaked ahead of schedule.

2879378-9026319-thumbnail.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1287502064744

Personally I think it looks terrible, especially the orange line around the shoulders and extra orange lines around the stripes. Without those orange lines it might be bearable.

I don't love it, but I don't hate it. I think I'll have to see it on the ice in Edge 2.0 form before I make a final judgment. It is unique, I'll say that.

I don't know about that new Ducks jersey.... I think Anaheim could have done better. IMO it's just like their current home jerseys, but with a little more orange and the "D" is more emphasized. The Ducks should have went with an ORANGE alternate jersey with "Ducks" on the front like their currents. Or they should have gone back to the maroon, green, and white days to bring back one of those styles. I probably wouldn't buy one of these new alternates just because it looks too much like their current home black. <_<