2010-11 Jersey Design Changes

akteon

I really can't divulge any information - as we cherish our solid relationship with Reebok. I can give a bit of a teaser though: The proposed Penguins third is quite a radical design. I have a feeling it will generate strong opinions in either a "love it / hate it" position.

Ah that means I'll probably hate it, but I'm interested in seeing it now though. :P

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really can't divulge any information - as we cherish our solid relationship with Reebok. I can give a bit of a teaser though: The proposed Penguins third is quite a radical design. I have a feeling it will generate strong opinions in either a "love it / hate it" position.

When are the release dates for these jerseys? I'm excited now!

When are the release dates for these jerseys? I'm excited now!

If its anything like the last couple of seasons, it'll vary depending on the team. Some teams have "fan festivals" during the off-season and have released them there, whereas others have waited until the first games they wear the new jerseys (sometimes not until November for 3rd jerseys).

My personal opinion is that sooner is better, not just because I'm impatient, but because I think that gives teams more time to sell them before the season starts. If I recall, when the Bufflaslug was released they did it fairly early and had some record sales.

If its anything like the last couple of seasons, it'll vary depending on the team. Some teams have "fan festivals" during the off-season and have released them there, whereas others have waited until the first games they wear the new jerseys (sometimes not until November for 3rd jerseys).

My personal opinion is that sooner is better, not just because I'm impatient, but because I think that gives teams more time to sell them before the season starts. If I recall, when the Bufflaslug was released they did it fairly early and had some record sales.

And you never know when teams will "leak" their designs on the web... so be prepared. It could be sooner rather than later. :stickhndl:

And you never know when teams will "leak" their designs on the web... so be prepared. It could be sooner rather than later. :stickhndl:

I agree the leaks will begin soon, not everyone is as scrupulous as CryWolf and the IJ folks. The problem is, as soon as there are leaks, they will probably also be fake leaks.

The best part about one of the last rounds of new jerseys is when the factories in Indonesia that make the Premiers had some jerseys slip out that made their way to eBay prior to their official release. If I recall correctly someone on this board had a seemingly legit Premier replica of the Coyotes 3rd before it was released they got off eBay. I believe the story was they were singled out at a 'Yotes game and the jersey was confiscated but they were given a replacement auto'd jersey or something like that.

Yeah I remember that, think it was DesertRat.

You're right, it was DesertRat.

My recollection was off a bit - they gave him a replacement white Coyotes jersey on the spot and then later gave him an autographed 3rd once it was officially released. It was a great story, you can read it here.

So the Pens could potentially have two new jerseys next year. A new third and a new winter classic if they are awarded the game?

I think Madflava was referring to the report out recently (from a Pitts newspaper I believe) that the NHL are going to have the next Winter Classic be the Ovie vs. Sid show in Heinze field. While I understand them wanting a ratings grab, I think it is a bad move to have the Pens repeat.

I think Madflava was referring to the report out recently (from a Pitts newspaper I believe) that the NHL are going to have the next Winter Classic be the Ovie vs. Sid show in Heinze field. While I understand them wanting a ratings grab, I think it is a bad move to have the Pens repeat.

I wouldn't watch. It would lose all legitimacy for the game in my opinion. So other teams are never going to get the game, great just f'ing great.

My vote is Montreal / Toronto at Rogers Centre. I don't think the game will be at Yankee Stadium because it is hosting a college football bowl game the last week of December. There wouldn't be time to set up the rink for the game. But I feel there should be at least one Canadian team in the 2011 WC.

Crosby / Ovechkin is a GREAT idea, but I say wait until 2015 or 2016 for that game.

My vote is Montreal / Toronto at Rogers Centre. I don't think the game will be at Yankee Stadium because it is hosting a college football bowl game the last week of December. There wouldn't be time to set up the rink for the game. But I feel there should be at least one Canadian team in the 2011 WC.

Crosby / Ovechkin is a GREAT idea, but I say wait until 2015 or 2016 for that game.

Exactly. However I'm not picky, but the next one should be in Canada.

How about this for a tease.....Toronto/Montreal at Ivor Wynne Stadium in HAMILTON hahahaha :D

I'm sure Bettman would be all over that...

Exactly. However I'm not picky, but the next one should be in Canada.

How about this for a tease.....Toronto/Montreal at Ivor Wynne Stadium in HAMILTON hahahaha :D

I'm sure Bettman would be all over that...

The only way Toronto is playing in a winter classic is if it's held in one of MLSEL stadiums.

The only way Toronto is playing in a winter classic is if it's held in one of MLSEL stadiums.

Yeah I know, they'd want to hoover every penny out of that event

• 3 weeks later...

That's great. There's nothing wrong with that jersey at all so they SHOULD stick with it. I would like to see them try out the late 70's darker blue style though. That'd be sweet.

Speaking of which, I have my WC patch on the wall ~ "Yea" or "Ney" on getting it sewn on?

I wouldn't do it. Sewing a patch to the wall lowers it's value :P