Grand Rapids Griffins Red/White Jersey

Fitzwah

Just wanted to put the feelers out and see if anyone had info on these two Grand Rapids Jerseys. Jerseys are hard enough to source being an Aussie, but AHL you can pretty much forget about it.

I would love to get one as they are a good link to the Red Wings. I'm not too fussed about authentic so I was just wondering if anyone had any info as to whether these have been made as replicas. I know the Griffin logo one had gamers auctioned but i'm not looking to spend that much.

darrenmccartyisawesome.jpg

nylander0576.jpg

Alternatively, if anyone knows of a place that might make patches for the chest logos on either of these jerseys, info on that would be of great benefit as well.

Thank you!

Just wanted to put the feelers out and see if anyone had info on these two Grand Rapids Jerseys. Jerseys are hard enough to source being an Aussie, but AHL you can pretty much forget about it.

I would love to get one as they are a good link to the Red Wings. I'm not too fussed about authentic so I was just wondering if anyone had any info as to whether these have been made as replicas. I know the Griffin logo one had gamers auctioned but i'm not looking to spend that much.

darrenmccartyisawesome.jpg

nylander0576.jpg

Alternatively, if anyone knows of a place that might make patches for the chest logos on either of these jerseys, info on that would be of great benefit as well.

Thank you!

Wow, those are sharp. You could always contact GW directly and see if they sell replicas or game worn versions of them. Good luck!

I don't know if this would peak your interest, but this is a current listing on Ebay right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Grand-Rapids-Griffins-Replica-Jersey-AHL_W0QQitemZ230453224327QQcmdZViewItemQQptZU_Hockey_Fan_Shop?hash=item35a8152387

I can tell you that the Griffins do not sell either of those jerseys pictured in replica/authentic form. I know this for a fact, as I live 5 minutes from Van Andel Arena and am a Griffins season ticket holder. Hope this helps you!

• 2 weeks later...

Best bet is to buy a gamer. They're a little pricy but you're better off in the long run.

The answer is the Griffins shield one was never made for resale. The Red or white variant of the griffins was made for retail, before RBK had the contract for the AHL jerseys, so you can find them and they will be made by SP. They pop up occasionally on ebay, but in general there aren't many Griffins jerseys ever on ebay. I guess people like to hang on to them, it was incredibly difficult to get my one RBK 550 white Griffins jersey in a large.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I inquired about the red & white jerseys on the GRG Facebook page. Below is the answer they gave me.

188061_32817051282_2115215510_q.jpg
Grand Rapids Griffins We sell our special Friday jerseys at the end of each season in an auction following the last Friday home game of the season, this year's design will be sold on April 19 - check eBay for one like the one shown above, as The Zone - Grand Rapids Griffins Store unfortunately doesn't offer replicas.