I need help with my ROY Avs Jersey! Long Story!

mikey3319

I finally found an authentic CCM Avs jersey from 2001! I sent it away to get costumed (Patty Roy)! When I got my jersey back the 33 was too far to the right and was not centered like how its supposed to (how roy wore it)

this is a Roy game worn jersey,

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j124/mikey3319/source_167_2899.jpg

look how the middle of the 33 is centered with the O in roy.

now look at my jersey (i photo-shopped it a couple of times but this is how it looked)

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j124/mikey3319/royjerseyWRONG.jpg

u can see that the 33 is too far to the right, and is way off

I am very very upset with this, It took me forever to find an authentic CCM jersey in my size from way back when. They wrecked it. I sent it back so they can fix it,, I don't know now if it can cause if they take the numbers off and shift it to the left you may see where the old outline of the 33 was. When i tested the amount of glue that was on it it didn't seem like a lot cause i was able to pull the numbers from the jersey when i pulled at it.

Im so upset and do not know what to do, Anyone here who can help! I do not want to let this jersey get messed up

thanks

Edited by mikey3319

i am not sure what people on this forum can do, who did you send it to because that is a horrible customization job. Should have sent it to IJ from the start.

It was sent to the actualTEAMS SEWERS! So i dont know how they can mess this up when they've been doing it for 15 years!

Well, if you look at where the ROY is in relation to the CCM and the "arch" (where they meet at the top if you will) it really doesnt seem that far off. If you consider the entire size of the jersey and the spacing between the 33s in relation to the rest of the jersey, perhaps this is the way they decided that it looks "less wrong" or less obvious to the differences?

Did you send them the picture of the Roy gamer originally, or only after you sent it back?

My point is, always be as detailed as possible upfront with customizers. Unfortunately customizing isn't an exact science, it's work that often times is done by eyeball measurements and assumptions will be made if you don't tell them exactly what you expect.

Did you send them the picture of the Roy gamer originally, or only after you sent it back?

My point is, always be as detailed as possible upfront with customizers. Unfortunately customizing isn't an exact science, it's work that often times is done by eyeball measurements and assumptions will be made if you don't tell them exactly what you expect.

yep.. i sent a diagram showing the exact position, i didnt write on it saying the 33 has to be even with the O in Roy, just had a photo, with no writing

yep.. i sent a diagram showing the exact position, i didnt write on it saying the 33 has to be even with the O in Roy, just had a photo, with no writing

Yeah, you have to be as detailed as possible if it is going to be a problem for you. A lot of the time because of the jersey sizes, customization can be tricky. I wear a size 48 CCM which is considered small and I'm sure it is difficult to fit the huge numbers and full nameplate on it because of the lack of real estate. That is why I am not too picky about placement but more concerned with if the name and number font and material used.

I think he did a great job by including the gamer pic. Sounds like they just didn't look at it or at least not closely. Hopefully they can fix it properly and you won't be able to see any trace of the original error.

I think he did a great job by including the gamer pic. Sounds like they just didn't look at it or at least not closely. Hopefully they can fix it properly and you won't be able to see any trace of the original error.

I agree, the picture of the gamer should have been enough. The customizer didn't take the time to ensure the numbers were lined up exactly like in the picture. Hopefully they will try to fix it for you but I know a lot of places won't touch it once it's done because they are afraid of ruining the jersey.

I agree, the picture of the gamer should have been enough. The customizer didn't take the time to ensure the numbers were lined up exactly like in the picture. Hopefully they will try to fix it for you but I know a lot of places won't touch it once it's done because they are afraid of ruining the jersey.

I told them just go for it and try to fix it... if it shoes glue ill deal with it and try to gte rid of it, i dont care, i got the jersey at a steal so not really losing like tons of money if it gets damaged,, just hurts! LOL Im so anal when it comes to my Avs jerseys, I need them done right, and when they tell me that the way they did it was right, that just made me Pissed

I told them just go for it and try to fix it... if it shoes glue ill deal with it and try to gte rid of it, i dont care, i got the jersey at a steal so not really losing like tons of money if it gets damaged,, just hurts! LOL Im so anal when it comes to my Avs jerseys, I need them done right, and when they tell me that the way they did it was right, that just made me Pissed

What about moving the nameplate slightly to the right? The numbers may be off slightly from (Avs photo)hard for me to tell, but the name plate looks off center with the ccm logo. It would be a lot easier to reposition the name, especially with glue involved on a white jersey.