Flames retro 3rd jersey?

tomtucker

Where can you get the authentic retro 3rd jersey?

I have only seen them at the teamstore at the Saddledome

both i believe

Brother, can you check how much is authentics???

I believe they are $299.99 and the 30 year patch comes free.

NHL Shop has they Flames jersey for $299 without the 30th anniversary patch but until the 16th, all authentic jerseys are 25% off.

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3086268&cp=4067888&clickid=body_bestsell_img

If you live in Canada and want to buy that, I suggest you "forget it"

Aside from the regular tax, Canadians have to paid duty.

What a joke, the shirt is made in Canada, BUT it is shipped from US, that's why you have to paid duty.

Thank you NHL!!!

If you live in Canada and want to buy that, I suggest you "forget it"

Aside from the regular tax, Canadians have to paid duty.

What a joke, the shirt is made in Canada, BUT it is shipped from US, that's why you have to paid duty.

Thank you NHL!!!

Why Duty?

Why Duty?

Basically the shipping company is charging you to bring the item across the border. This involves filling out the paper work and bringing it through customs. When you buy something that comes from the states you have to pay the tax on whatever the declared amount is plus the cost to bring it across the border. Different companies charge different amounts to do this, for example if something comes via USPS then Canada post brings it across the border and charges a flat rate of $5 while UPS will charge about $40. This is why us Canadians will avoid having stuff shipped via UPS at all costs.

Basically the shipping company is charging you to bring the item across the border. This involves filling out the paper work and bringing it through customs. When you buy something that comes from the states you have to pay the tax on whatever the declared amount is plus the cost to bring it across the border. Different companies charge different amounts to do this, for example if something comes via USPS then Canada post brings it across the border and charges a flat rate of $5 while UPS will charge about $40. This is why us Canadians will avoid having stuff shipped via UPS at all costs.

I don't know about that, cause if you read the shipping policy, it says it will be delivered by Purolator...

Man, do we have a Certified Accountant on the board, to explain this nonsense to us?????

I don't know about that, cause if you read the shipping policy, it says it will be delivered by Purolator...

Man, do we have a Certified Accountant on the board, to explain this nonsense to us?????

They all charge there fee. Usually when you buy something from the states you pay the tax and other fees when the item arrives but some retailers such as NHL.com will charge you all the fees up front so there are no surprises once the item arrives. That's why there is the duty charge when you buy something from NHL.com

I have never had to pay more than the price of GST.

I have never had to pay more than the price of GST.

Alberta residents don't pay PST. The rest of us suckers have to pay both. With Canada post you pay the tax + $5 so in your case you'd pay GST + $5, of course some times things go through with no charge though if your lucky.

Sticking with the retro "theme", I think Marty should wear 29 on Wednesday when the Devils wear the "Christmas" jerseys.

Sticking with the retro "theme", I think Marty should wear 29 on Wednesday when the Devils wear the "Christmas" jerseys.

That would be really cool if he did. However I don't think he'll get away with having the NHL 75th and Devils 10th anniversary patches on there, so I won't be an exact replica of his rookie year, but close.

Speaking of which, that whole retro thing is going to screw up my search for the real Christmas Tree away jersey. I have already seen fake Brodeur rookie jerseys on eBay from our friend "my-ice" and fakes of the throwback ones too.

Now with more of these out there, I'll have to sort through more crap in hopes of finding one. I have the home white Christmas tree with Brodeur #29, but I want the red one as Marty wore the away for his first game. The white is a placeholder for now.

NHL Shop has the Flames jersey for $299.99 without the 30th anniversary patch but, until the 16th, all authentic jerseys are 25% off.

http://shop.nhl.com/...dy_bestsell_img

Actually, not ALL authentics are included in the sale. Now that I see this and consider buying an EDGE from NHL.com (blank of course to avoid any problems with their customization) by being enticed by the decent sale price, they go and exclude the home red Caps jerseys from the sale. At the moment, all they're selling are Premiers in the home red. Not very nice of them. Not nice at all. :angry: I guess if you want to get in on the sale, you'd better check whether your team is available.

Given what happened to me with the red Premier Ovechkin at last year's deadline (i.e. the screened-on stitch marks on the lettering and numbers), I decided then and there that NHL.com wouldn't be getting my business anymore for anything customized since by the time I realized they weren't "supposed" to be that way, it was long past any deadline I'd have for refund, etc. even if NHL.com allowed for returns on customized items. If I were interested in the road EDGE at the moment, I wouldn't get the road EDGE from them even with the sale, because if I'm getting a jersey, planning on having it customized, and also know who I want on it, I'd much rather just get it done at the same time (jersey + customization) so that I only have to pay for shipping and wait for it once. Also, we all know of places to go to for customization which are way better than NHL.com.