shop.nhl.com's customization disaster

Bernie1

a few years ago, before i knew about IJ and the horrors that are shop.nhl.com's customization of premier jerseys, i ordered a black Danny Briere Flyers jersey. i hate the jersey so much that i've only worn it about 3 times since the winter of 07 and it currently sits in my parent's basement, buried under other clothes.

but, i ask, why let a perfectly good jersey go to waste? does anyone know how to remove the plastic numbers from the jerseys safely? has anyone attempted such a thing? is it possible to get it properly customized afterwards?

I hope you don't mind but I want to piggyback in on this thread as we will be basically asking the same thing.

I just received a 2000 All Star Game XL Replica that already has the Toronto Patch on the front ironed on instead of stitched on *thus killing me* as I was hoping to simply replace it with the Colorado patch. Anyway, is it possible to remove this ironed-on patch from the jersey?

I hope you don't mind but I want to piggyback in on this thread as we will be basically asking the same thing.

I just received a 2000 All Star Game XL Replica that already has the Toronto Patch on the front ironed on instead of stitched on *thus killing me* as I was hoping to simply replace it with the Colorado patch. Anyway, is it possible to remove this ironed-on patch from the jersey?

the 2000 all star game was played in Toronto and the 2001 all star game was played in Colorado. If your jersey is a 2000 all star then it has the right patch.

Uuhh!..I ordered one last year when they were promoting the free customization. I as well only wore it about 2-3 times. I dont know anything at all about removing the plastic but I just recently sold mine on Ebay. It went for about $60, which isnt bad for a jersey I never planned on wearing too often, if ever.

the 2000 all star game was played in Toronto and the 2001 all star game was played in Colorado. If your jersey is a 2000 all star then it has the right patch.

Same jersey though isn't it?

Same jersey though isn't it?

I'm not 100% sure about the replica's but I know the authentics are different. On the authentics the CCM logo will be on the hem on the 2000 jerseys and it will be under the neck on the 2001 jerseys. I am not sure if they kept the logo on the hem for the replica's though.

Right now, I am in the process of stripping my Phantoms Riley Cote jersey due to bad customization, and of course because it's ironed on to an authentic. The name and numbers were very easy to get off, but there is a lot of glue residue. The method I have found works to remove a large amount of glue "not perfect afterwards but better" is to put cotton sheets on top of the glue and then iron it for 10 seconds and slowly peel. I tried Goo Gone which didn't work for me, but I think I have gotten enough glue off where it can be sewn on over it.

Right now, I am in the process of stripping my Phantoms Riley Cote jersey due to bad customization, and of course because it's ironed on to an authentic. The name and numbers were very easy to get off, but there is a lot of glue residue. The method I have found works to remove a large amount of glue "not perfect afterwards but better" is to put cotton sheets on top of the glue and then iron it for 10 seconds and slowly peel. I tried Goo Gone which didn't work for me, but I think I have gotten enough glue off where it can be sewn on over it.

hmm. do you just pull them off or is there a way you make it easier to remove? the main thing i'm worried about is that since the number is, of course, 48, that those are two larger sized numbers and might be able to be seen after the second customization.

hmm. do you just pull them off or is there a way you make it easier to remove? the main thing i'm worried about is that since the number is, of course, 48, that those are two larger sized numbers and might be able to be seen after the second customization.

Well mine might be a bad example. I got my customization done by some booth at the last Phantoms game ever in the Spectrum, so I think they were in a real hurry, and messed up some of the iron on, which made it easier to get off. It might not be a bad idea to iron the back of the numbers a little bit to get them loose, and then just look for a little part of the number to come up and start on.