2010 Trade Deadline Thread

lafountain

Worst deadline day ever. Though they did set a record for most number of deals on dealine day (30) and most players involved (52) :D

Mark Dominick is teaching Lawton everything he needs to know about being a GM which means doing as little as possible but sounding like you really really tried. "We really really tried to get Ponikarovsky but we came in second." Yeah, yeah, yeah....heard it all before....

I was disappointed that the Stars didn't do anything other than the Lehtonen trade before the Olympic break. This past week has not been good to them for the playoff race. I was impressed with the Coyotes moves, especially getting Morris back. I was actually kinda surprised that he didn't resign with the Coyotes after being traded to the Rangers at the deadline last year. The Coyotes were quite busy, getting Wolski, Morris, Schneider, Stempniak, Picard, and Nokelainen.

I expected a little more out of the Oilers. I am thrilled they picked up Ryan Jones on waivers from the Preds. That gives me a jersey to get next year.

Despite the typical lack of big names by the Sabres, I like their upgrades. I think this Deadline day was the worst yet. No big names and then they traded the young named guys for each other! At least TSN didn't fall into the ESPN hyperbole trap that this was the best ever.