Help request: Ironing tips

Hexy4Prez

Hey All,

To those who have customized their own Authentic Edge jerseys- Can I get some tips on the ironing process before sewing? I am using a regular house iron. I want to make sure I avoid burning/scorching the jersey. Do I use steam? What should I put between the twill and the iron? High or low heat setting?

This is my first try - I have the sewing down, and all of my number and letter layers sewn perfectly, just gotta iron 'em on and sew 'em down.

Any tips would be helpful! Thanks in advance!

Hey All,

To those who have customized their own Authentic Edge jerseys- Can I get some tips on the ironing process before sewing? I am using a regular house iron. I want to make sure I avoid burning/scorching the jersey. Do I use steam? What should I put between the twill and the iron? High or low heat setting?

This is my first try - I have the sewing down, and all of my number and letter layers sewn perfectly, just gotta iron 'em on and sew 'em down.

Any tips would be helpful! Thanks in advance!

I would start out on a low heat setting and use a piece of fabric between the iron and the twill.

Lay everything out the way you want it on the ironing board, then cover the parts you want to iron with a t-shirt. Get the iron very hot and using a lot of steam, put moderate pressure on one spot for two or three seconds, let up some pressure and move the iron around. Repeat this until you've covered the entire kit. Once it cools, turn it inside out and do the same thing. That'll seal everything up nicely.

Lay everything out the way you want it on the ironing board, then cover the parts you want to iron with a t-shirt. Get the iron very hot and using a lot of steam, put moderate pressure on one spot for two or three seconds, let up some pressure and move the iron around. Repeat this until you've covered the entire kit. Once it cools, turn it inside out and do the same thing. That'll seal everything up nicely.

Very helpful! Thanks.