2010 Olympic jerseys price drop?

pitt9496

does anyone know if (in recent history) the prices of olympic jerseys dropped significantly after the olympics ended?

i'd love to get a White USA Backes jersey, but not for $180 (as I just bought a house)!

thanks in advance for any answers/advice...

At IceJerseys, we do not try to take advantage of our customers by charging more when demand is high, and dropping prices when demand is lower. We always sell our jerseys at competitive prices (which are unfortunately dictated by the manufacturers - we wish we could buy them at lower cost and sell lower of course). So, to answer the question, prices do not drop on jerseys in general, unless there is a design change and we have a lot of old inventory - or in the case of player jerseys, there is a trade.

As far as Olympic jerseys, the supply is extremely limited, and demand is far surpassing supply. In fact, I believe we are pretty much sold out of the USA 2010 Olympic jerseys - and most other teams as well. We have some decent inventory remaining for Canada, but that probably won't last much longer either.

At IceJerseys, we do not try to take advantage of our customers by charging more when demand is high, and dropping prices when demand is lower. We always sell our jerseys at competitive prices (which are unfortunately dictated by the manufacturers - we wish we could buy them at lower cost and sell lower of course). So, to answer the question, prices do not drop on jerseys in general, unless there is a design change and we have a lot of old inventory - or in the case of player jerseys, there is a trade.

As far as Olympic jerseys, the supply is extremely limited, and demand is far surpassing supply. In fact, I believe we are pretty much sold out of the USA 2010 Olympic jerseys - and most other teams as well. We have some decent inventory remaining for Canada, but that probably won't last much longer either.

I was really surprised at how fast the norway and china jerseys sold out!! .. any idea how many nike produced for retail? I think you guys were the ONLY company to offer the China national jerseys..

thanks for the response. i didn't see the ('10 olympic) white USA jersey on the IceJerseys site, but I have noticed how quickly the blue ones sold...thanks again!

thanks for the response. i didn't see the ('10 olympic) white USA jersey on the IceJerseys site, but I have noticed how quickly the blue ones sold...thanks again!

We had the white ones through the fall as well and sold out probably around Christmas time.

I cant speak for online, but i recall the 2002 Olympic jerseys going on a large firesale at the SportCheks in Canada, I got my Sweden and Finland jerseys for $40 each, however, i have not seen very many USA jerseys with an exception at HockeyExperts and Pro Hockey Life in Canada. If i see them drop after the Olympics I'll be sure to let you know.

If anyone sees the Switzerland or Norway jerseys, please send me a Private Message. They don't appear to be available online anywhere at this time. They must be in some stores in Canada and just not online (he said with faint hope).

This looks like Nike is once again going to frustrate me like they did by not making any of the 2008 vintage jerseys aside from Canada and the US. What is it about them that they don't like to make money???

If anyone sees the Switzerland or Norway jerseys, please send me a Private Message. They don't appear to be available online anywhere at this time. They must be in some stores in Canada and just not online (he said with faint hope).

This looks like Nike is once again going to frustrate me like they did by not making any of the 2008 vintage jerseys aside from Canada and the US. What is it about them that they don't like to make money???

the swiss jerseys are on ebay jeff..just search IIHF with descriptions..

Hey Jeff, I cant send a private message for another hour, but I was at Pro Hockey Life in Canada yesterday and they had both Swiss and Norge Jerseys....However, i noticed the Norway ones had dye sublimated logo on the chest. I dont know if this is normal or not, but i believe they were $139.99 CAD each.

Hey Jeff, I cant send a private message for another hour, but I was at Pro Hockey Life in Canada yesterday and they had both Swiss and Norge Jerseys....However, i noticed the Norway ones had dye sublimated logo on the chest. I dont know if this is normal or not, but i believe they were $139.99 CAD each.

What must it be like to live in Canada and have the ability to walk into a store and buy a jersey on demand. Sigh...

If that's the way Nike made them, I'm not in a position to be picky.

I may have to send you on a shopping trip for me! :thumbsup:

What must it be like to live in Canada and have the ability to walk into a store and buy a jersey on demand. Sigh...

If that's the way Nike made them, I'm not in a position to be picky.

I may have to send you on a shopping trip for me! :thumbsup:

I know i was surprised to see the Norway one was dyed....perhaps the Polar Bear Norge logo is to detailed to have stitched?

I am jealous of the low shipping rates american citizens get along with the access to the ebay sellers who will not ship to Canada because they seem to have this image of Canada being a third world country.

But i would have no problem making the shopping trip, i go to that store once every two weeks to get my skates sharpened. I think they may be $119.99 CAD not 129.99, its one of the two prices.

We had the white ones through the fall as well and sold out probably around Christmas time.

really? i've been looking for a few months and only saw the 2 vintage jerseys and this guy...

http://image01.demandmade.com/IMGSRV/s/pro...media/34004.jpg

you had these on the site, because i don't recall seeing them?

http://image01.demandmade.com/IMGSRV/sc/30...media/45526.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know where I can obtain the Nike Replica of this Norway jersey?

ept_sports_nhl_experts-409409024-1267468189.jpg?ymeuZwCDrqrZOwXH

I cant speak for online, but i recall the 2002 Olympic jerseys going on a large firesale at the SportCheks in Canada, I got my Sweden and Finland jerseys for $40 each, however, i have not seen very many USA jerseys with an exception at HockeyExperts and Pro Hockey Life in Canada. If i see them drop after the Olympics I'll be sure to let you know.

i just looked at that place sportcheks and they have the team USA jersey there, they are also running a promotion, buy one apparel item and get the second half off (excludes canada jerseys) I saw Russia,Sweeden,USA, Czech, Finland.

i just looked at that place sportcheks and they have the team USA jersey there, they are also running a promotion, buy one apparel item and get the second half off (excludes canada jerseys) I saw Russia,Sweeden,USA, Czech, Finland.

Game On Sports in Edmonton/St.Albert have their non-canada iihf jerseys for $65.

Anyone know where I can obtain the Nike Replica of this Norway jersey?

ept_sports_nhl_experts-409409024-1267468189.jpg?ymeuZwCDrqrZOwXH

Nope, sorry Mad, but if you do get one you've got to get it customized with that guy's name. It's the law.

In fact if you find somewhere that sells them let me know so I can do that :D

Nope, sorry Mad, but if you do get one you've got to get it customized with that guy's name. It's the law.

If you can't find the jersey, you can atleast get the t-shirt:

tshirtnavy.jpg

Vikingstad Tee

I've been looking for that jersey with zero luck. The closest I found was a 2006 Nike Swift Norway from a place that won't ship outside of Canada.

I've been looking for that jersey with zero luck. The closest I found was a 2006 Nike Swift Norway from a place that won't ship outside of Canada.

Jeff, was it the 2006 style that i showed you?

thats unheard of, its usually us Canadians that get the shaft on shipping. www.hockeygiant.com had a ton of replica traded players for $19.99, hockeygiant.ca had the same jerseys for $199.99. .com would not ship to Canada for the 19.99 price. It made me upset,

I can only hope they will show up on Ebay sometime. Maybe after all the Olympic hype has died down. I've always wanted that style with the NORGE spelled in diagonal ever since they wore the white ones in the 2008 WC.

RTEmagicC_Norway-1966-A2.2.jpg.jpg

Maybe, I can hope to even find an authentic gamer.

Norway will be auctioning their olympic jerseys off soon.. according to.. http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Norges-Ishockeyforbund/479208120482?ref=ts

" Norges Ishockeyforbund The white game worn jerseys from the Olympic Games in Vancouver will be sold by auction! Each jersey is autographed by the player. We will shortly notify time and place for the auction."

Norway will be auctioning their olympic jerseys off soon.. according to.. http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Norges-Ishockeyforbund/479208120482?ref=ts

" Norges Ishockeyforbund The white game worn jerseys from the Olympic Games in Vancouver will be sold by auction! Each jersey is autographed by the player. We will shortly notify time and place for the auction."

I want that vikinstad! Along with the rest of the world :(

Ok lets all pick 2 players we will bid on so that we don't drive up the price on each other. I am determined to win either Holos or Lysenstoen.