Edge 1.0 vs 2.0 - when were they worn

HockeyMusic

When did NHL teams switch from edge 1.0 jerseys to 2.0 jerseys.

Also did it vary from team to team? ( I.e. Did some teams make the switch later than others)

I'm looking to get a penguins jersey to make into an '09 cup jersey, but I want to make sure I get the right style.

Thanks

Some players made the switch during the initial year of the EDGE jerseys. Currently not all players have made the switch to 2.0, but (Akteon I believe) did some research earlier of the Meigray teams and figured more than 60% (might be a low number) had made the switch to 2.0's. As for the Penguins since they are not a Meigray team, you might have to research via photos about specific players. Which player you thinking of having done up, someone here might be able to help also.

A blank 2.0, let alone one that's not from a Meigray team, may be a pretty big challenge to find, but we all like challenges right?

And, for reference, the Avs made the switch after a few games into the '07-'08 season after the 1.0s had some bleeding problems as they were washed. The team ended up wearing four sets of jerseys that season instead of the customary three.

Wel I was hoping to make a Crosby cup jersey but if I research via photos, how can I tell the difference? Is there a thread here I can use as a base?

I hope the differences aren't subtle enough that it would be difficult to tell through a photo

Also what do you mean that the pens are not a meigray team? There are pens gamers for sale on meigray's site

Notice that the jerseys listed on Meigrays site are not of the 09/10 season. Each season the teams decide whether or not to participate in the Meigray program or not. Also notice that every Penguins jersey listed on Meigrays website has a * which means it is a jersey that is sale on consignment.

The teams that are participating in the Meigray program for the 09/10 season per the news release before the season began.

For 2009-10, MeiGray has agreements with these 14 clubs: Atlanta, Boston, Calgary, Colorado, Dallas, Edmonton, New Jersey, Nashville, New York Rangers, Ottawa, Philadelphia, Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington. Each team will structure its individual game-worn jersey program with MeiGray to best suit its fans and the collecting public.

Here is the link in which Akteon did some research.

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=2032

Now the downside is that the Edge cut jerseys you buy from retail stores (in terms of NHL jerseys) are 1.0's. So if you wanted to make a Crosby Cup winning 2.0 jersey, that is gonna be tough.

For a long time now, all the Penguins game jerseys have been purchased by a guy named Joe Tomon who lives in Pittsburgh and who is a season ticket holder. He has whatever his stock is listed on this site:

http://penguinjersey.com/MarketPages/GWJERSEYLIST.html

If you click on one of the player links, scroll down underneath the jersey and click the little goalie to open the entire list of what he has. I see he's got a couple game-issues from 08-09 but they might have names on the back. It probably wouldn't hurt to e-mail him directly though just to see A: what he's got and B: if he has a source for what you're looking for.

From what I know is that when teams switched to 2.0, the whole teams did.

The Penguins wore 2.0 during the whole season of 08-09. I customised a 1.0 to a Crosby jersey with the finals patch because I can't seem to get a blank 2.0. I was even thinking of buying a Game Issued 2.0 and strip it.

Is there really that big of a difference visually between the 2.0 and the 1.0? Im all about accuracy with the jersey makes, Such as RBK, CCM and so on, but if there is not that much visually different between 2.0 and 1.0, thats getting out there for me.

Here you go, folks. I did a little of my own research a few months ago on a Pens forum. For the last home game, the Pens give out the game-worn jerseys to the fans and I knew one of the board members got Letang's last year.

As you'll notice, I got a bit of flak from people, but got the results nonetheless. :lol:

http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB3/v...+night#p1059028

From what I know is that when teams switched to 2.0, the whole teams did.

The Penguins wore 2.0 during the whole season of 08-09. I customised a 1.0 to a Crosby jersey with the finals patch because I can't seem to get a blank 2.0. I was even thinking of buying a Game Issued 2.0 and strip it.

Players still have the option to wear either 1.0 or 2.0, there is no team-wide mandate. I am getting a 2008-09 Canucks Ohlund 1.0 and a 2008-09 Canucks Edler 2.0. I also know that Luongo wears 1.0

• 2 weeks later...

Players still have the option to wear either 1.0 or 2.0, there is no team-wide mandate. I am getting a 2008-09 Canucks Ohlund 1.0 and a 2008-09 Canucks Edler 2.0. I also know that Luongo wears 1.0

Correct you are. I've seen that the proportions vary from team to team as well; some have a lot of guys that wear the 2.0, some have a lot with the 1.0.