Devils Vintage "Xmas" Tree Jerseys

akteon

As announced previously, the Devils will wear a throwback green and red jersey on St. Patrick's Day.

I know a few people (myself included) were wondering if they'd be available for retail. It appears the answer is yes, atleast in replica form. The best part is they aren't the Edge cut but appear to be the CCM 500 style!!

P1070833-1024x768.jpg

According to this link I saw on IceThetics the team store (the Devil's Den) has CCM replicas of this style in stock. Hopefully they'll be available eventually from IJ or other online retailers.

EDIT: there's also a gallery of images on the NJ Devils website.

Well that's great news that they aren't in the EDGE form. They should wear the white ones instead, IMO, because when they wore that style, they always wore the white at home.

See I was all set to order a White Devils jersey, and now this shows up as an option. Suppose I could wait to see how Kovy does in the game, or just say oh well, and just get my white one.

I'm just happy it's not an Edge cut. Sure an authentic would be nice, but I'll take a CCM 550 replica over an Edge authentic any day.

they're using the current name and number font? Ugh, why can't they use what was correct for that style.

Yea that bothers me too, along with the lower left part of the N which for some reason overlaps the circle. I don't understand how they screwed that up, all they have to do is copy the same logo they use on the homes and aways.

I'll get a blank one and send it away with pictures of the correct font to get it done right, assuming these become available elsewhere for a lower price. They are $190 blank at the arena.

Authentics in this style would be really, really nice. I'd be all over one. If anyone hears anything about them being available retail please let us all know!

According to a Devils employee who posts at NJDevs.com, the players will wear Edge adaptations of these jerseys, which will probably be auctioned off. Doesn't seem like there are any plans to sell an authentic versison.

These are now available at NHL.com for $60 cheaper than the Devils Den, and SportsK says they should have them around May.

Here they are at shop.nhl.com

Guess I will ask in the hopes that Wolf sees this.

Any idea if or when icejerseys will be getting these in stock?

That is just awesome. It's good to see they copied it exactly from the 1991-92 version. I might have to grab tickets to that game and just wear a Penguins jersey!

That is just awesome. It's good to see they copied it exactly from the 1991-92 version. I might have to grab tickets to that game and just wear a Penguins jersey!

That's the spirit! :thumbsup::lol:

Yea that bothers me too, along with the lower left part of the N which for some reason overlaps the circle. I don't understand how they screwed that up, all they have to do is copy the same logo they use on the homes and aways.

I'll get a blank one and send it away with pictures of the correct font to get it done right, assuming these become available elsewhere for a lower price. They are $190 blank at the arena.

According to a Devils employee who posts at NJDevs.com, the players will wear Edge adaptations of these jerseys, which will probably be auctioned off. Doesn't seem like there are any plans to sell an authentic versison.

Wow, that is just dumb. Why make an Edge version of this jersey. Just use the CCM 500 jerseys. It would be cheaper since they are producing replica's anyway.

I dont care which one they, use just use one or the other. Its stupid to make one for retail thats different then what is going to be worn on the ice.

Guess I will ask in the hopes that Wolf sees this.

Any idea if or when icejerseys will be getting these in stock?

We should have the jersey up on the site later today or tomorrow for pre-order for delivery by late March (if customized, a few weeks later).

We should have the jersey up on the site later today or tomorrow for pre-order for delivery by late March (if customized, a few weeks later).

Thanks for the info, I see that they are up now.

http://www.icejerseys.com/new_jersey_devils.php

will you be customizing to current team specs or the N&N font they wore pre 91-92?

Got my answer looking at the site

Well, the current players will be wearing the jerseys on ice with the current fonts, so that is why the Parise and Brodeur jersey are shown with the current font. If you would like to have a jersey done up with the old-style font, we can certainly do it as well. It would be best to indicate that you would like the vintage fonts in the special instructions box at checkout.

Well, the current players will be wearing the jerseys on ice with the current fonts, so that is why the Parise and Brodeur jersey are shown with the current font. If you would like to have a jersey done up with the old-style font, we can certainly do it as well. It would be best to indicate that you would like the vintage fonts in the special instructions box at checkout.

Sweet! thanks for the heads up.

So does that mean you have the vintage font in stock or you will be cutting it for people who ask for it? The reason I ask is because they wore a few different fonts in the red and green years and I am curious as to which one you will use.

Also is there a reason these are more expensive than all the other vintage jerseys, or is it just since they are new?

• 4 weeks later...

I dont care which one they, use just use one or the other. Its stupid to make one for retail thats different then what is going to be worn on the ice.

UNTIL TODAY, i WAS ASSUMING THAT THEY WOULD NOT BE WEARING THE eDGE STYLE, Since Montreal and Calgary, both have worn Non-Edge style throwbacks recently. I am dissapointed to hear otherwise. I was looking forward to seeing the Devils looking cool with straight Non Edge hemlines beating up on the Reebok Edge Penguins! Me personally, I would rather have the CCM straighthemline Replica over an Edge Reebok authentic. It will be interesting to see if the Authentic on Ice jersey will have the same crest error. although srill looks pretty cool.

UNTIL TODAY, i WAS ASSUMING THAT THEY WOULD NOT BE WEARING THE eDGE STYLE, Since Montreal and Calgary, both have worn Non-Edge style throwbacks recently. I am dissapointed to hear otherwise. I was looking forward to seeing the Devils looking cool with straight Non Edge hemlines beating up on the Reebok Edge Penguins! Me personally, I would rather have the CCM straighthemline Replica over an Edge Reebok authentic. It will be interesting to see if the Authentic on Ice jersey will have the same crest error. although srill looks pretty cool.

According to the pictures on the Devils website, the logo they are using is the same as the one they have on their homes and aways, which contrary to what I originally thought, is slightly different than the one worn back in the day. So the logo used on the retail throwbacks was never used in any game. Weird.