Pictoral History of US Hockey Jerseys?

flountown

Basically I am wondering if there is any nhluniforms.com equivalent for USA jerseys, and to a lesser extent I guess I would want to see a Canadian one as well.

I am getting more and more interested in picking up a few older versions, but am having trouble finding picture references for the different world championships and stuff. The Olympics seem pretty easy to find, but it'd be great to see world juniors and world championships/Canada cup references as well. If people wouldn't mind taking on a bit of work finding pics and maybe fun facts about the jerseys and retail issues I'd be happy to put together a straightforward reference website.

When I refer to fun facts, iirc, people mentioned that one of the years the World Championship US authentics were released blank with fight strap, and customized without fight strap, even though they were still retail authentics.

So if anyone can point me in the right direction or has some input and pics from their own collections, please post and I will see if its worth pursuing, or already been done.

Cheers and TIA...

The two best sources for what you are looking for is GettyImages.com and webshots, although webshots won't let you download pictures without being an approved friend with the pictures owner anymore, leaving you to to screen shots of what you want to save.

The two best sources for what you are looking for is GettyImages.com and webshots, although webshots won't let you download pictures without being an approved friend with the pictures owner anymore, leaving you to to screen shots of what you want to save.

Well looking through the ones you have on your blog, the one I am looking at purchasing seems to be the 1996 World Cup of Hockey, but its a Roenick, and I can not find him on the wikipedia roster as well as remembering a story of him sitting out one of these due to contract issues and fear of injury.

Was the style with the wavy USA and funky graphics used in any other tournaments?

Well looking through the ones you have on your blog, the one I am looking at purchasing seems to be the 1996 World Cup of Hockey, but its a Roenick, and I can not find him on the wikipedia roster as well as remembering a story of him sitting out one of these due to contract issues and fear of injury.

Was the style with the wavy USA and funky graphics used in any other tournaments?

1996 & 1997 World Championships I believe.