CCM 550 vs RBK 6100

rattlestar

Im looking at a medium (46) authentic RBK 6100. How do they fit compared to a medium CCM 550?

Also how much is a brand new authentic RBK 6100 selling for these days?

Thanks

I've seen and bought blank 6100's anywhere between $30.00 - $70.00.

Im looking for a Dallas Stars RBK 6100. Do you know of any online stores that still carry them?

Thanks

Not off the top of my head. I see them on ebay every once in a while.

Thanks for the links. I saw those on ebay as well, but wasn't sure if paying $160 for a 6100 is worth it at the moment. Im thinking of maybe waiting it out a little to see if any pop up on ebay.

Thanks again

Road, Home and pre-customized Modano.

I can't vouch for the custom work on the last one, but I can vouch for the seller.

Wow, $149.00 for a blank? I spent $65.00 on a brand new Leafs 6100 road jersey with the tags attached. Are Dallas jerseys that sought after?

He probably is quite pricey I guess. I spent about that on a 6100 Jets jersey from him, but I never see them (and it was a 48) so it was worth it to me. Guess it depends how much you want the jersey and how difficult it is to find it, can't say I know anything about the rarity of a Stars jersey.

I don't think it's necessarily a rarity thing, but perhaps more of a timing issue. When the Edge jerseys first came out many of the 6100s were sold at closeout prices by various retail outlets for $60-75 or less. Now that it seems the "fire sale" era has passed many retailers and individuals are selling them at $100-150. They aren't trying to rip anyone off or gouge them, more than likely they paid that much or more to get the jersey. The 6100s retailed for $200-250, so if a small business had some left over, selling them at or below their cost at $100-150 is a huge discount in their eyes. We kinda got spoiled with the $60 closeout prices.

Now, I'm not saying anyone should feel compelled to "suck it up" and pay $100-150 for a new 6100 if they only feel comfortable paying $60-75, I'm just trying to say I can identify with the small businesses with left over 6100s they feel they can't afford to sell any lower than they already have them market down to. As a buyer, I always feel like it's up to you to determine how much you're willing to pay - what you're comfortable with and go with that and be patient.

Oh and to answer the original question on sizing, here's a sizing chart that has both 6100s and 550s, hopefully that will help some.

sizing_chart.gif

Thanks for all your replies guys. From the looks of things those 6100 jerseys arent going anywhere so im going to be patient.... at least for another few weeks.

Besides.. this is more of a WANT than NEED lol so no rush really.

Thanks again for all the wise advice and help g uys! :)

I don't think it's necessarily a rarity thing, but perhaps more of a timing issue. When the Edge jerseys first came out many of the 6100s were sold at closeout prices by various retail outlets for $60-75 or less. Now that it seems the "fire sale" era has passed many retailers and individuals are selling them at $100-150. They aren't trying to rip anyone off or gouge them, more than likely they paid that much or more to get the jersey. The 6100s retailed for $200-250, so if a small business had some left over, selling them at or below their cost at $100-150 is a huge discount in their eyes. We kinda got spoiled with the $60 closeout prices.

Now, I'm not saying anyone should feel compelled to "suck it up" and pay $100-150 for a new 6100 if they only feel comfortable paying $60-75, I'm just trying to say I can identify with the small businesses with left over 6100s they feel they can't afford to sell any lower than they already have them market down to. As a buyer, I always feel like it's up to you to determine how much you're willing to pay - what you're comfortable with and go with that and be patient.

As an addendum, I've been told that retailers get it from distributors for 1/2 of their retail price, meaning the mark up is 100% So for a blank replica premier at $120-$130, the retailers are paying $60-65. Draw your own conclusions as to where the price range is for authentics :P

Thanks for all your replies guys. From the looks of things those 6100 jerseys arent going anywhere so im going to be patient.... at least for another few weeks.

Besides.. this is more of a WANT than NEED lol so no rush really.

Thanks again for all the wise advice and help g uys! :)

I know the feeling. Although, for me, it seems like it is always a need after you get the first one. I have plumited into a downward spiral since then. I have purchased eight jerseys since Oct. 09 and planning on buying my MN Wild alternate in either March or April. Wow. Now, my plans are to get three of them down to EPS for customization in the summer.

As an addendum, I've been told that retailers get it from distributors for 1/2 of their retail price, meaning the mark up is 100% So for a blank replica premier at $120-$130, the retailers are paying $60-65. Draw your own conclusions as to where the price range is for authentics :P

Exactly my point. There are some retailers who probably bought the jerseys at closeout prices (Hockey Overstock, Lakeshow on eBay) so they can sell them at really low prices and still make a profit. Those who paid $100+ wholesale for the jerseys will be not as likely to drop the price so low they lose money.