Which Vintage NHL Jersey Do You Dream Of?

CryWolf

Well non NHL

1916 Portland Rosebuds (They were available at one time but I can't even find images online anymore)

Or

Portland Buckaroos

I realize I am in the minority here. :grin:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well non NHL

1916 Portland Rosebuds (They were available at one time but I can't even find images online anymore)

Or

Portland Buckaroos

I realize I am in the minority here. :grin:

http://www.portlandbuckaroos.com/

• 1 month later...

I think it would be very logical for a Pittsburgh Penguins Michel Briere vintage jersey was made. The style obviously the following:

Penguins02.png

Briere is special among Penguin fans (who know about him) and his death is a very tragic story, one many, including myself, tear up when retelling. Briere is only one of two Penguins to have his number retired - the other is common knowledge - but how promising he was during his short stint with the Penguins made him an exciting player to watch.

I collect Penguin jerseys and I have both Mitchell and Ness Penguin sweaters - 1967 home blue #9 (Andy Bathgate) and 1979 road navy blue #8 Dave Schultz - and I think a Briere vintage would sort of bridge the gap between those 12 years - from when the Penguins came into the league and for the Schultz jersey, which is the last version of a Penguins blue sweater. The Penguins didn't do much in the mid-70s, except for the "Century Line" of Lowell MacDonald, Jean Pronovost, and Syl Apps Jr. So I believe a Briere would be a great fit.

I understand one could buy a current third and just get it customized with #21, but I think that's lame in my opinion. One could argue that the Penguins current third is "close enough" to the blue sweater the Penguins wore from 1968-1970, but its actually not. The tie down laces on the front collar look so much cooler retro than today's EDGE jerseys with them. Plus, back then players did not wear names on the back of their jerseys and there was no reebok logo or any visible manufacturer logo.

Just something I would pitch out there that may provoke some thought. :)

My dream jersey is a 1984-85 Wales conference All Star jersey, the orange one from Calgary. I would customize it with the late great Pelle Lindbergh and then my collection would be complete! Hockey Jerseys Direct offer the uncrested jersey with the stars, I can find the shoulder patches on ebay, but Finding the W A L E S lettering for the front is near impossible. I actually found the Campbells letters for the white jersey but so far... no luck. This jersey my friends is my HOLY GRAIL!

Can I Haz Dis One Plz?

AllStar82.png

I actually have a genuine Cosbys autographed Messier (Rookie) Orange one stashed in a closet at my old house. Its framed and everything but I got married and moved into an apartment. I am thinking of putting it up on e-bay soon so I'll let you know if I do. It doesn't do anyone any good sitting in a closet. When I got it It came with steiner LOA and yes it is real, long before Chinese knock offs came about. BTY its NOT game used.

Edited by jerseymikea

An authentic CCM red Tony Esposito jersey would be tops on my list.

Just an FYI, I know you said authentic CCM, but Mitchell and Ness has a late 70s Hawks Tony O jersey. I think it's 1979-1980. Somewhat difficult to find, but it's out there. I'm in search of one myself.

I actually have a genuine Cosbys autographed Messier (Rookie) Orange one stashed in a closet at my old house. Its framed and everything but I got married and moved into an apartment. I am thinking of putting it up on e-bay soon so I'll let you know if I do. It doesn't do anyone any good sitting in a closet. When I got it It came with steiner LOA and yes it is real, long before Chinese knock offs came about. BTY its NOT game used.

I would definitely be interested. Keep me in mind as I should have some funds this summer

capitalsneverworn.gif

That or the Nordiques 95 prototypes, and the infamous Blues trumpets jersey.

Ya, the Nords prototype would be great.

Nordiques.gif

Edited by quebecaces

• 2 weeks later...

the prototype does exists as legend goes the nords printed 500 of these bad boys for the press conference. The nhl of course said the nords were to late to change the jerseys and woudl have to wait for the next year. Problem was that owner Marcel Aubut sold the team and the rest is history. The legend also goes that of the 500 only 100 or so made it into circulation. 400 of the jerseys were returned to the manufature never to be seen again but 100 were put out into circulation.

I have never seen one but i have heard of sightings were these actual prototypes or a fan made version we will never know.

the truth is this jersey may live somewhere

The 1990-91 Pittsburgh Penguins WHITE jerseys were never remade and I have no idea why not. It seems so obvious with Lemieux, Jagr and a pair of Stanley Cups.

I agree with this one, would LOVE to see the white 90's Pens remade.

I agree with this one, would LOVE to see the white 90's Pens remade.

It's a no brainer!

You are assured sales right off the bat.

Quebec Nordiques Wolf

St. Louis Blues Trumpets

Mighty Ducks (the movie) 1 jerseys

Hartford Whalers (Navy)

devils Red Christmas Jersey

i would easily drop $200 a piece for these...

• 3 months later...

Ya, the Nords prototype would be great.

Nordiques.gif

Where those the actual colors because I've seen this picture circulated below and it looks like they were going to change the colors to a purple-blue and teal. I do like the colors in the above photo because they seem like more of a natural progression from the powder blue Nords jerseys. The ones below is just too radical of a change.

96Nords.png

Also, any one know the story behind this Ottawa Senators jersey? Is this one of the prototypes they were considering? I've never seen this until today.

ott_sens_promo_large.jpg

That "colorless" picture of the Nords jersey was posted by someone on the sportslogos.net board some time ago. I do not know the original reason behind the changing of the colors, but for some reason that image has taken on a life of it's own and has been appearing on the internet over and over again to the point that many now believe that was the intended look for the jersey when in reality, the "press release" photo with the two guys wearing it is undisputable evidence of the use of teal in the prototypes.

I once did the same thing on my blog. I changed the colors of a jersey a bit to show how I thought it should have been made, and I've seen people repost my image thinking it was the way the team wore it, when in reality it was just my noodling around - same as that Nords image.

The Senators logo used on that jersey was used during the campaign to have Ottawa given one of the expansion franchises. Once the franchise was granted to Ottawa, that logo was no longer used and the logos which appeared on the jerseys became the "face" of the franchise from then on once they were revealed.