Flyers Font/Size info

Hexy4Prez

Hello all -

I was wondering if there was a source I could go to (or if any of you have the info) to find the official team font for the Philadelphia Flyers Black Edge jersey. I have ordered kits from a few different places and have gotten a few different fonts. None of which have the exact font right. Also I was wondering what the official size of the numbers and letters should be. Should the letters be exactly 3" including the outline, or 3" plus the outline (I've gotten both)?

As you can see I'm a stickler for accuracy, and from reading, it looks like I've come to the right place...

so far I've been unable to get a kit with this exact font (no I'm not doing a coburn jersey):

img8188571.jpg

Try http://www.sendspace.com/file/5q20gb

If that doesn't work, I will try to get them off of my laptop at home. I downloaded a pack of them a while ago. Not sure about the height though. I can check my Lupul Premier from RCS when I get home to see what size the name is.

Sendspace is blocked here at work, but I'll try it tonight. Thanks!

Thanks for the font. It's strange, the font is correct for the jersey until you get above font size 18. The meigray jersey looks as if they use a blown up version of the smaller font. The kits I'm recieving look like they are using the bigger font. The difference is in the Os, Cs, Bs, Rs etc... the larger fonts round off the inside edges instead of them being squared off. Example: the correct (smaller) font for O, the center should look like a rectangle, in the larger incorrect font it looks oval.

Just my OCD observation....

Thanks again!

Thanks for the font. It's strange, the font is correct for the jersey until you get above font size 18. The meigray jersey looks as if they use a blown up version of the smaller font. The kits I'm recieving look like they are using the bigger font. The difference is in the Os, Cs, Bs, Rs etc... the larger fonts round off the inside edges instead of them being squared off. Example: the correct (smaller) font for O, the center should look like a rectangle, in the larger incorrect font it looks oval.

Just my OCD observation....

Thanks again!

Hello,

I have a few meigray gamers for every imaginable flyers jersey style. I have never found an identical font on ebay and elsewhere for the black alternate jersey (edge or 6100 styles) or the orange third jersey they retired in 06/07. All of the kits I've seen used the correct coloring but use the fatter font found on the current away jersey. I have even contacted the Flyers asking where they get their customization done but to no avail. I guess the only thing you can do is try to get as close as possible with the fonts. As far as sizing goes, the sleeve numbers vary. Ive seen 4 and 3/8 on old home and away jerseys, and 4 and 1/4 on most of the newer Edge jerseys. Nameplates run about 4" to a little over 4" (4"and 1/4). Letters should be 3" high in most all cases. The rear numbers are usually really close to 13". I hope this helps. This is why I have so many blank Flyers authentics. I want them customized correctly....and you thought you were OCD?

Hello,

I have a few meigray gamers for every imaginable flyers jersey style. I have never found an identical font on ebay and elsewhere for the black alternate jersey (edge or 6100 styles) or the orange third jersey they retired in 06/07. All of the kits I've seen used the correct coloring but use the fatter font found on the current away jersey. I have even contacted the Flyers asking where they get their customization done but to no avail. I guess the only thing you can do is try to get as close as possible with the fonts. As far as sizing goes, the sleeve numbers vary. Ive seen 4 and 3/8 on old home and away jerseys, and 4 and 1/4 on most of the newer Edge jerseys. Nameplates run about 4" to a little over 4" (4"and 1/4). Letters should be 3" high in most all cases. The rear numbers are usually really close to 13". I hope this helps. This is why I have so many blank Flyers authentics. I want them customized correctly....and you thought you were OCD?

Do you have any photos of your collection. I'd be really interested to educate myself on some of the older styles and such. I also want to maybe steal some measurements from some of your letters and stuff for future customization issues.

Do you have any photos of your collection. I'd be really interested to educate myself on some of the older styles and such. I also want to maybe steal some measurements from some of your letters and stuff for future customization issues.

My collection is on webshots under member name phillysportsguy. Just so you know, I don't have really old stuff just stuff from the 90's and 00's. However, there is mostly every style worn since then.

Hello,

This post was very helpful. So I think I'm good on my nameplate. I got letters from Eastern Lettering that were exactly 3" including the orange in the typical "road" font and just squared off the insides of the C, R and O (I'm doing a Carcillo) so the font looks near perfect. Unfortunately their numbers were too small, but I have a kit coming in from CoolHockey. Hopefully in combining the two, I'll have a pretty accurate kit. I'm praying the oranges match.

Thanks again!

This post was very helpful. So I think I'm good on my nameplate. I got letters from Eastern Lettering that were exactly 3" including the orange in the typical "road" font and just squared off the insides of the C, R and O (I'm doing a Carcillo) so the font looks near perfect. Unfortunately their numbers were too small, but I have a kit coming in from CoolHockey. Hopefully in combining the two, I'll have a pretty accurate kit. I'm praying the oranges match.

Thanks again!

Good luck