Bobby Clarke Jersey

1KR3W

This is an 1982 jersey with a '74 nameplate. Do you think I should take it back and have the orange nameplate instead?

2nhjgqv.jpg

vi2udc.jpg

Edited by 1KR3W

Im mostly a stickler for particulars and accuracy, but if i didnt have a choice i wouldnt mind. I think the white looks good on it and ultimately it's your jersey and as long as your not destroying a very valuable or rare jersey, then what ever you like is a-ok with me.

Im mostly a stickler for particulars and accuracy, but if i didnt have a choice i wouldnt mind. I think the white looks good on it and ultimately it's your jersey and as long as your not destroying a very valuable or rare jersey, then what ever you like is a-ok with me.

Agreed.

The Flyers did wear an orange nameplate that year (they also wore the long pants :lol: ) But honestly, they did not change their uniforms that much from the 80s to the late 90s, so I think the white nameplate would be alright.

The only thing I don't really like though is the Flyers NEVER wore a white nameplate on their orange jerseys up until their creation of their current orange jerseys. That's what would be bothersome in my opinion. But either way, if you keep the white or change it to orange, it's still a nice jersey.

And I guess it is technically correct that Clarke was the captain. He became captain during mid-season when it was switched from Bill Barber to Clarke.

The Flyers did wear an orange nameplate that year (they also wore the long pants :lol: ) But honestly, they did not change their uniforms that much from the 80s to the late 90s, so I think the white nameplate would be alright.

The only thing I don't really like though is the Flyers NEVER wore a white nameplate on their orange jerseys up until their creation of their current orange jerseys. That's what would be bothersome in my opinion. But either way, if you keep the white or change it to orange, it's still a nice jersey.

And I guess it is technically correct that Clarke was the captain. He became captain during mid-season when it was switched from Bill Barber to Clarke.

They wore white name plates back in the '70s IIRC, but only when they were on television. Rather than carrying two nameplates per person, they just used a white name plate regardless of home or away, but only when they were on a nationally televised broadcast.

the store owner convinced me not to change it because when you'd think of Bobby Clarke; his MVPs, Broad St Bullies, and Stanley Cup rings... He did it in the season where they'd wear white nameplates on NBC. Also, I'm planning on having Clarke sign it when I go to Philly. I think he'd be more proud seeing this type of jersey.

the store owner convinced me not to change it because when you'd think of Bobby Clarke; his MVPs, Broad St Bullies, and Stanley Cup rings... He did it in the season where they'd wear white nameplates on NBC. Also, I'm planning on having Clarke sign it when I go to Philly. I think he'd be more proud seeing this type of jersey.

While it doesn't look awful and it being your jersey and not mine, meaning I am not going to fault you for whatever you do, but it sounds like the owner made a mistake, and did his best to make sure he wouldn't have to do it over again and convince you to stick with it. I personally would change it back, as it would be easy enough to grab a vintage '74 Clarke from M&N during their Super Bowl Sale starting tomorrow.

i would change it to an orange name plate ,as bobby clarke wore this style for his last two years with the flyers from 82-84, before that they did not have the black stripe down the arm. here's a great site to check out nhl jersey styles www.nhluniforms.com

I talked to shop owner. it's do-able. he didnt sound too pleased. but when i do find a blank flyers jersey from the 70s. i'll take the white. also, did the captain's logo stay the same? i know the sleeve and back numbers did

Edited by 1KR3W

I talked to shop owner. it's do-able. he didnt sound too pleased. but when i do find a blank flyers jersey from the 70s. i'll take the white. also, did the captain's logo stay the same? i know the sleeve and back numbers did

Hey, just make sure he uses white letters when he makes the switch from the white to orange name plate.

Flyers10.png

Did the "C" logo stay the same in 1982/83 as it did back in 1974/75?

No. The flyers switched to a block style "C" in 1979-1980 but not the same font as worn today. It would have been a black main color with a white background. I also agree with the others that the jersey should have an orange nameplate with white lettering.

No. The flyers switched to a block style "C" in 1979-1980 but not the same font as worn today. It would have been a black main color with a white background. I also agree with the others that the jersey should have an orange nameplate with white lettering.

I saw a card of Bill Barber wearing an 1982 jersey with this C logo. before the captaincy went to Clarke.

I saw a card of Bill Barber wearing an 1982 jersey with this C logo. before the captaincy went to Clarke.

If you go to flyershistory.com there is a nice history of the jerseys and changes throughout the years. In a picture from 1981-82 Barber appears to have a block character "C" on the jersey. I have also seen a picture of a Mel Bridgeman jersey from 1979-1980 and it also has a block letter "C". However, the Flyers did alot of different things back then. It's hard to be 100% sure.

If you go to flyershistory.com there is a nice history of the jerseys and changes throughout the years. In a picture from 1981-82 Barber appears to have a block character "C" on the jersey. I have also seen a picture of a Mel Bridgeman jersey from 1979-1980 and it also has a block letter "C". However, the Flyers did alot of different things back then. It's hard to be 100% sure.

I see it too, but it doesnt look very clear. It still looks like the C on my Clarke jersey. But should I get the letter changed as well?

I see it too, but it doesnt look very clear. It still looks like the C on my Clarke jersey. But should I get the letter changed as well?

That is up to you. It is a nice look. They even bought the same style "C" back in 02/03 for the orange alternate jersey. Like I was saying before, you cannot be 100% positive that they did not wear that "C" in 82/83. I guess we need a picture of Clark during that season to be absolutely sure.

That is up to you. It is a nice look. They even bought the same style "C" back in 02/03 for the orange alternate jersey. Like I was saying before, you cannot be 100% positive that they did not wear that "C" in 82/83. I guess we need a picture of Clark during that season to be absolutely sure.

it looks as if the flyers made constant changes to their jersey game-by-game. its hard to keep up. i already sent my jersey to the shop owner for the nameplate change. but i really need to know if the C on my Clarke is accurate.

it looks as if the flyers made constant changes to their jersey game-by-game. its hard to keep up. i already sent my jersey to the shop owner for the nameplate change. but i really need to know if the C on my Clarke is accurate.

I found what you're looking for. Go to yahoo. Type in bobby clarke pictures and when results come up scroll down the first page and on the left you'll see an early 80's photo of clarke. Click on image then click view image and photo will get larger. Definately a block letter "C" but much fatter and larger that the ones worn nowadays.

I found what you're looking for. Go to yahoo. Type in bobby clarke pictures and when results come up scroll down the first page and on the left you'll see an early 80's photo of clarke. Click on image then click view image and photo will get larger. Definately a block letter "C" but much fatter and larger that the ones worn nowadays.

I think my jersey is sent out already for the replacement name bar. Once I get it back w/ the right bar and out-dated "C", I'm probly gonna have to take it to another store for them to change. the guy i usually go to is probaly already pissed at me. i hate being a disgruntled customer

I think my jersey is sent out already for the replacement name bar. Once I get it back w/ the right bar and out-dated "C", I'm probly gonna have to take it to another store for them to change. the guy i usually go to is probaly already pissed at me. i hate being a disgruntled customer

Did you buy this jersey from a store?

Did you buy this jersey from a store?

i bought the jersey blank and had it crested. but they used the kit from the 1974 season. i took it back today for a correction of the name bar and i think he already sent it out. and now i want it corrected again for the C logo. the owner's a nice guy, but i dont wana keep putting this on him cuz i even changed my mind 2wice about the name bar. and now i'm going nuts on the captain's letter.