2010 San Jose Sharks

lafountain

I was talking with a friend of mine who is a big San Jose Sharks fan and he keeps telling me that this is the year. I asked him what makes this team any different than the teams that have causes Shark fans so much heartache the previous years. His response was Dany Heatley.

Now Heatley is good and he hasn't disappointed when he makes the playoffs as in 34 career playoff games he has 12 goals and 26 assists for 38 points. However, if you take away the Stanley Cup Finals year he has 5 goals and 11 assists in 18 games, which still isn't horrible but not stellar either.

Is he (or anything else currently on the team) enough to push the Sharks to the next level or will this postseason be like all the rest for San Jose and their fans? Will they have to make a deadline day move to really push them to that title of Stanley Cup Champion?

One thing is for sure though, that trade is sure looking a bit one-sided considering how Heatley is playing and how Michalek and Cheechoo are doing for Ottawa. Cheechoo is pretty much invisible in Ottawa.

• 3 weeks later...
I was talking with a friend of mine who is a big San Jose Sharks fan and he keeps telling me that this is the year. I asked him what makes this team any different than the teams that have causes Shark fans so much heartache the previous years. His response was Dany Heatley.

Now Heatley is good and he hasn't disappointed when he makes the playoffs as in 34 career playoff games he has 12 goals and 26 assists for 38 points. However, if you take away the Stanley Cup Finals year he has 5 goals and 11 assists in 18 games, which still isn't horrible but not stellar either.

Is he (or anything else currently on the team) enough to push the Sharks to the next level or will this postseason be like all the rest for San Jose and their fans? Will they have to make a deadline day move to really push them to that title of Stanley Cup Champion?

One thing is for sure though, that trade is sure looking a bit one-sided considering how Heatley is playing and how Michalek and Cheechoo are doing for Ottawa. Cheechoo is pretty much invisible in Ottawa.

The Sharks have reminded me of my beloved Indianapolis Colts the last few seasons. I swore up and down that last season would be their year. Then they get into the playoffs and yeah... Exactly what the Colts seem to do (with the exception of SB 41 and SB 44). I've not watched much of them this year (Sharks), but I do think that it was good that they injected some new names into the team. Personally, I think they could pull it off this year. Sometimes, some big changes are necessary to get a team over the hump. I liked Michalek, but I don't know if he was gonna help them more than he had. Cheechoo, well, he's definitely fallen off of the map.