dry cleaning jerseys

HawksFan719

so I've seen everyone here say it's ok to dry clean jerseys, yet I've tried 2 different places and they refuse to do it saying the crests shrink badly or that it won't work. I know zero about dry cleaning, is there a different...type of dry cleaning that I should look for? or something that I'm missing here? one of the jerseys I'm trying to clean is a white Devils jersey, would they be worried about the red bleeding maybe?

Maybe. I know the sporting goods place I use has a chemical that gets most anything out of the fabric. Usually, they won't do it for regular customers but they say since I use them so often and I know everyone there by know, they hook me up with it. The only catch is that they won't use it unless I agree to it because if it soaks into another color of the jersey, it'll make it bleed. In fact, they cleaned up a Maple Leafs jersey of mine and the collar and crest got stained pretty badly.

ok, why do you need it dry clean in the first place? Is it too dirty?

I have 2 jerseys that have stains (off ebay, big surprise) that look like they might now come out in a normal wash. and like I said, one is a white Devils jersey so I'm also afraid of it bleeding.

did you hand wash or machine?

I soaked it for about six hours, then put it right into the washing machine (still wet; cold water, cold rinse, and I think it was on a regular cycle).

There's usually a bottle of some type of clear detergent my wife gets that's "all plant-based soaps" or some crap like that...I used a little of that, and it looks a heck of a lot better than before.