2002 Canada alt style

pseudonym

Does anyone know if anybody still sells the red Team Canada alternate from 2002?

I've been looking high and low, but with no luck! I really love the style, and I'm kicking myself for not buying one earlier. I'd hugely appreciate it if anyone had any information.

Or, alternately, if you're looking to sell a medium (or 46-48) one... talk to me! :stickhndl:

This was the jersey (image plundered courtesy of google image search):

30j5k0k.jpg

Edited by pseudonym

Haha, my apologies Jeff. I looked for pages and pages in Google Image Search trying to find a generic Nike stock photo, but the results started turning into Canadian government bar charts and pictures of David Suzuki.

You were definitely right in writing that it's sad these have never been worn again. It almost feels like they've all been scoured from the universe. I love the look, but maybe it's just you and me who had the good taste to appreciate them. ;)

Edit: I've updated the original post with an image that, I'm hoping, is just a generic product shot.

Edited by pseudonym

• 1 month later...

oh well i knew it was too good to be true it turns out its not 2002 olympic team canada but 2003 junior team still cool though some good names

Theres one on ebay at the moment. Authentic

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also in the market for this jersey. With Lemieux patches or without. dont matter.

• 3 weeks later...

FYI:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390175959832&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

This replica just sold on ebay for $102 + shipping with a spot on it

Is that high for a blank replica?!?!

I assume they went for at least $125 during the 2002 games because a blank 2010 is $135+.

Was going to bid on that myself,but that was far too high in my opinion.

Was going to bid on that myself,but that was far too high in my opinion.

Any reason why its too high? just wondering.

was it much cheaper when it came out? or the spot is an issue in terms of value?

I just gauged it by the values of the current 2010 jerseys.

Would be nice to put a Lemieux on that bad boy :)

• 2 months later...

Anyone see one lately? And what have they been going for? I see one authentic on ebay,but I'm fine with a replica if it saves me some money to customize it as well.

Anyone see one lately? And what have they been going for? I see one authentic on ebay,but I'm fine with a replica if it saves me some money to customize it as well.

what the link to the authentic? :)

I want an authentic. Ill sell you mine if I get one.

What size is your alt replica?

What size is your alt replica?

XL.

I was holding out putting on a "Lemieux" kit on it so I can save it for a authentic.

This is the one I'm thinking about. Has the Yzerman patch on it(which I want,but not on this jersey).

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-AUTHENTIC-TEAM-CANADA-JERSEY-48-YZERMAN-PATCH-/400126411443?cmd=ViewItem&pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item5d296482b3

This is the one I'm thinking about. Has the Yzerman patch on it(which I want,but not on this jersey).

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-AUTHENTIC-TEAM-CANADA-JERSEY-48-YZERMAN-PATCH-/400126411443?cmd=ViewItem&pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item5d296482b3

I had my eye on that one also but I want a authentic lemieux or a blank authentic.

I don't want to risk striping it down and finding out they heat press the numbers on.

I would of gotten that Martin st louis red heritage 02 for right cheap if I dared. its still on ebay for $105

This one doesn't have anything on it other than the Yzerman patch I believe.

This one doesn't have anything on it other than the Yzerman patch I believe.

He's asking a lot for a blank jersey. Patch or no patch.

I surely overpaid,but at least it's an authentic and I can slap Yzerman on there. I was getting a bit impatient on this one.

Going to need to get that patch off of there though.

I surely overpaid,but at least it's an authentic and I can slap Yzerman on there. I was getting a bit impatient on this one.

Going to need to get that patch off of there though.

wow such a nice jersey.

I saw a white regular lemieux go for $175 but it wasent the haritage just the regular cananda jersey.

I would expect at least $200-250 for a custom authentic red heritage from the 02 salt lake.

wow such a nice jersey.

I saw a white regular lemieux go for $175 but it wasent the haritage just the regular cananda jersey.

I would expect at least $200-250 for a custom authentic red heritage from the 02 salt lake.

Now I need to decide who to send them to for the custom job(have a white 02 Replica as well). I just want to make sure they get the proper customization. Here's a question..I've seen some what Yzerman's with the A,but I'm not sure he ever wore the A in white. I know he did in both the red and alternate,but not sure about the white. Anyone?

Now I need to decide who to send them to for the custom job(have a white 02 Replica as well). I just want to make sure they get the proper customization. Here's a question..I've seen some what Yzerman's with the A,but I'm not sure he ever wore the A in white. I know he did in both the red and alternate,but not sure about the white. Anyone?

I got my name plates and number kits for that heritage jersey from http://gamedaysportsarchives.com

wicked

They look good, are they accurate? What did the kit cost you?