Dont hate me because I bought a premier.

St. Patrick

I got sick and tired of watching and getting sniped on the older Toronto Alt jerseys, so I just bought a premier. I'll get a Leafs 3rd authentic some day, but I do notice the the replica's fit better then the authentic's. So if you see me on the rink or walking around, don't think less of me. I just got fed up.

I got sick and tired of watching and getting sniped on the older Toronto Alt jerseys, so I just bought a premier. I'll get a Leafs 3rd authentic some day, but I do notice the the replica's fit better then the authentic's. So if you see me on the rink or walking around, don't think less of me. I just got fed up.

You should be drawn and quartered!

Ha, the first edge i bought was a premier. You are correct, they do fit better thats for sure.

I mean the heart of jersey collecting is buy what you want. That's all that matters. Brilliant! taught me that, and I've stuck to it to this day. Do what you want man, its not our collections its yours :stickhndl:

I'll never hate anyone for being a replica. So the fake that you bought a premier is fine with me as long as you enjoy wearing it.

What I hate about the premiers is the screened patches. My concern is someone shelling out their hard earned cash for a legit NHL replica jersey and then seeing how cheap the patches look and thinking next time they'll just buy a knockoff.

Thats why i refused to buy another replica, because of the shoulder patches. The screening looks absolutely pitiful, not to mention they are undersized in some cases. I refuse to spend the more for an edge jersey that is less quality of the previous CCMs. I also refuse to spend 300 bucks for an edge authentic. All of my edges have been purchased second hand and some i have gotten great deals on. Very hard to find though.

I dont think less of anyone that buys a replica, even if i dont. If it was a jersey i really wanted and it didnt have shoulder patches i might spring for a replica.

I do plan on buying an Edge Wild 3rd alternate in April. What really bugs me is that Reebok has F'ed up the whole hockey jersey world with their F'ed up measurements on the Edges. I wish for the years when it was Koho and CCM and Pro Player. Jersey's should hang nicely off of you, not be like some F'ed up man girdle. I tried on and am planning on getting a size 50 Edge, but the measurements are 22" from pit to pit. I cant go to a 52, because I don't have gorilla arms, soooo I'm hoping that they stretch out.

The majority of my collection is replicas of some variety...so no hate here.

When I do buy a replica either, I go to Ice Jerseys or Sports K. I refuse to buy them in local retail stores or even in arenas where they have the crappy screen printing. I'd only ever buy a blank jersey locally (and we only sell Pens and Flyers stuff around here for the most part).

BOOOO!!!! :angry:

Haha, just kidding.

Well I don't blame you since you kept getting sniped. And if you really wanted it, there's no harm in buying a replica. Sure, they aren't the best quality, but sometimes they are the correct alternative. :thumbsup:

I have no problems with the Premiers...

If i had a choice of one authentic edge customized....or 3 premier customized....

I would take the 3 premiers in a heartbeat.

But for me its more important to get as many customized Flames jerseys as possible, and not so important on it being an edge or not.

The majority of my collection is replicas of some variety...so no hate here.

When I do buy a replica either, I go to Ice Jerseys or Sports K. I refuse to buy them in local retail stores or even in arenas where they have the crappy screen printing. I'd only ever buy a blank jersey locally (and we only sell Pens and Flyers stuff around here for the most part).

You are right on that. I did order from IJ, and am looking forward to the quality that everybody claims that IJ has. I've seen some crappy Premiere replica's and it's the local pro shops that are selling them. Funny, you'd think that the pro shops would have better quality. I've heard horror stories from people that have purchased jersey's from NHL.com. You'd think that they would have a quality product, but I guess it all comes down to the almighty dollar.

I have no problems with the Premiers...

If i had a choice of one authentic edge customized....or 3 premier customized....

I would take the 3 premiers in a heartbeat.

But for me its more important to get as many customized Flames jerseys as possible, and not so important on it being an edge or not.

Well said. I'm starting to lean that way as well.

Were you looking for an egde leafs 3rd specifically? I have seen a few 6100 thirds on Ebay with buy it now's in the $150 range.

Were you looking for an egde leafs 3rd specifically? I have seen a few 6100 thirds on Ebay with buy it now's in the $150 range.

I was trying to avoid the Edge's. I'm usually on ebay everyday, I'll see a few, but never the buy it now options. I'm about done with jersey shopping now, I hit it pretty hard this season. I bought 2 Avalanche authentic, 1 Leafs authentic, a Brian Bellows 91 North Stars replica (X-mas present) a Travares Alternate knock off, A team issued Wild the Leafs alternate Premiere, and had a Avalanche replica numbered after Patrick Roy.

The Edge I am buying is a reward for myself for quiting smoking. I figure the money I save in buying cigarettes will be applied to this next jersey. It will be my favorite because it will be special.

I was trying to avoid the Edge's. I'm usually on ebay everyday, I'll see a few, but never the buy it now options. I'm about done with jersey shopping now, I hit it pretty hard this season. I bought 2 Avalanche authentic, 1 Leafs authentic, a Brian Bellows 91 North Stars replica (X-mas present) a Travares Alternate knock off, A team issued Wild the Leafs alternate Premiere, and had a Avalanche replica numbered after Patrick Roy.

The Edge I am buying is a reward for myself for quiting smoking. I figure the money I save in buying cigarettes will be applied to this next jersey. It will be my favorite because it will be special.

Leafs 3rd

Might have been able to get them down to a better price.

I understand completely. I'm to the point where I have a hard time shelling out full price for a Premier. I've gotten lucky with my Preds jersey on Amazon.com and a couple of Premiers (legit ones) on EBay lately. All three have cost me $150-160 total. I dig the Premiers without the shoulder patches though. I'm itching to replace my black Stars Premier with an authentic Edge jersey, I'm just waiting for the right one to come along. Its taken just one of those shoulder patches to start fading on my Premiers to get me sick of them. I am enjoying the Vintage program the NHL has going right now. Its nice to see jerseys re-released that I grew up watching teams in, such as my vintage Sabres jersey :) . I can count the Premiers on my wish list on one hand, vintage jerseys and 550s, well, there are too many to list.

Leafs 3rd

Might have been able to get them down to a better price.

See, right there is a case of Murphys law. In fact, that is a perfect example. Now that I ordered my premier yesterday. I wonder why those are going for so much? I bought a 2006-07 Leafs authentic road jersey for $80.00, and a 2006-07 Avalanche authentic road jersey for $60.00.

See, right there is a case of Murphys law. In fact, that is a perfect example. Now that I ordered my premier yesterday. I wonder why those are going for so much? I bought a 2006-07 Leafs authentic road jersey for $80.00, and a 2006-07 Avalanche authentic road jersey for $60.00.

I'm pretty sure the seller has had that for a while at that price. If they put if up for regular auction I'd guess it would end at a lot less then that. I got my 06-07 Leafs authentic road on ebay for $45 brand new with tags a few months back. You just have to be lucky and find stuff at the right time I guess.

In my opinion basic authentic from 2000 thru edge should be around $60 to $80, thats my personal preference. I absolutely despise having to pay more for one. You see plenty of Authentics on ebay for 120 plus that havent sold in more then a year and the stores refuse to put them lower. I will not pay more then a hundred dollars for a carolina hurricanes white authentic but i cannot find them anywhere else for some reason. Everyone is asking outragous prices for one. There is too much decrepency between authentics nowadays and alot of people are making more money then they should or losing money by refusing to lower prices to a reasonable level.

In my opinion basic authentic from 2000 thru edge should be around $60 to $80, thats my personal preference. I absolutely despise having to pay more for one. You see plenty of Authentics on ebay for 120 plus that havent sold in more then a year and the stores refuse to put them lower. I will not pay more then a hundred dollars for a carolina hurricanes white authentic but i cannot find them anywhere else for some reason. Everyone is asking outragous prices for one. There is too much decrepency between authentics nowadays and alot of people are making more money then they should or losing money by refusing to lower prices to a reasonable level.

YES! Exactly! That's what I like to hear, and wanted to say without sounding like a tight wad.

Well its the truth. People are over valuing their items then getting mad when they dont sell or they wont lower their price out of spite. A used Authentic should go between 40 and 60. A new should be 60-80. This is of course determind on rarity of jersey, meaning it was a rare third or speciality jersey. Some people might think different but i refuse to spend more then 100 dollars on a used jersey, but thats just me.

Well its the truth. People are over valuing their items then getting mad when they dont sell or they wont lower their price out of spite. A used Authentic should go between 40 and 60. A new should be 60-80. This is of course determind on rarity of jersey, meaning it was a rare third or speciality jersey. Some people might think different but i refuse to spend more then 100 dollars on a used jersey, but thats just me.

What if the jersey is customized or has patch's attached? Would you spend more or the same amount?