Nike 1.0's and 2.0's?

rob77ta

Hey guys,

Back in the 1990's, were there two versions of authentics put out by Nike? I have a 1997-1998 Flyers road jersey and when comparing it to some pics of game worn Flyers jerseys of this era the material appears to be different. The Nike air-knit kind of looks like it has lines running through it and airholes throughout. On my authentic the lines are spaced further apart than those on the pic's of the game worns I've seen. The material on the gamers also looks like it could take a much harsher beating and feels heavier (i've seen a gamer in person). Is there any truth to this? Does anyone know if this is similar to what Reebok is doing now? Are there Nike 1.0's and 2.0's out there?

Not that I'm aware of. I've owned both the retail and gamer versions(both Flyers too) and they were both the same from what I saw. As you described it, they had those almost horizontal lines that ran across. It really was a great knit. Bauer and Pro Player used the same style of knit in their material during their single-production years.

i have had both game used and authentic nike leafs jerseys and they have been exactly the same , material wise and cut wise.

That's strange. What are the chances of me having a fake Nike authentic?

I wouldn't think so. I don't think I've ever seen a fake Nike jersey. Can you post of picture of it close up? I'm curious now.

I can. Don't have camara set up now. I'll post some pics as soon as I can.

I can. Don't have camara set up now. I'll post some pics as soon as I can.

Here is a close up of the white airknit near the neckon the rear of the jersey.

Here is a close up of the white airknit near the neckon the rear of the jersey.

Just bought a used authentic Lindros jersey off of ebay. Air-knit fabric is the same as the game worn's I've seen with the closer pattern which is different than my other authentic. Is it possible that my authentic jersey is made of replica grade air-knit. A friend of mine has a replica jersey from Nike around the same year and the material matches my authentic. I guess it may have been an error by Nike. If so I wonder how many are out there?