New guy checking in - eBay and sizing questions

sheik*yerbouti

Hey guys new member here - Jason from Central Ohio and season ticket holder for CBJ hockey from the beginning (2000)

Looking to get a first year jersey with the old CJB logo and stinger (mascot) on the shoulders. Looking around eBay I found this odd combo - the old logo on the front - with the current shoulder patch (which is normally on both) of the civil war type hat - and shockingly the current chest logo on the other shoulder.

The seller is notcounterfeitjerseys which actually raised my red flag immediately. I guess truely though I almost don't care if it's counterfeit as long as it is a real CCM jersey and has patches sewn on and not printed. Actually I kinda like out of the ordinary stuff. ; )

Here is the link to the auction. Obvious the price was the second red flag.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=140372271586 (edit cant get link to work)

What do you guys think?

Hello to all the regulars!

Edited by sheik*yerbouti

Duh - forgot my sizing question...

I'm 6'0" and weigh (shame) about 212 at the moment (on my way down I hope) and i have very broad shoulders

If I am buying a hoodie or button up shirt I get an XL as I have really long arms - even sometimes some button ups leave me with naked wrists if i put my arms straight out (which i hate)

Should I get an L or an XL? I'm wearing this casually not with gear. What about the numbered sizes, what do you think my size and number would be?

Can you force these things to shrink at all with hot wash and dry if needed?

Thanks gents!

That is a legit 2003 CBJ replica jersey.

From 03-07 they wore that crest with those shoulder patches.

I believe that seller is okay too, I personally can't vouch for him though.

Ok thanks for the input I bought it - how can I not for that price - WOW!

I went XL I hope I don't regret it. I guess rather too big than too small... Just have to layer up underneath! : )

Hi and welcome, if it's a 550, they run a little bigger sized than the current Edge jerseys, I believe, so you should be fine with an XL. I'm 6'2" 215 and wear XL-XXL in 550s. Ironically I've heard some of the Edges actually have longer sleeves despite tighter chests. I've never tried one on though, so can't say for sure.

Ok thanks for the input I bought it - how can I not for that price - WOW!

I went XL I hope I don't regret it. I guess rather too big than too small... Just have to layer up underneath! : )

You should be fine in the XL. There's really not a huge difference in them. I'm about your size (a bit thinner) and XLs are perfect on me.

I've bought from him in the past. All legit.

Hey that is great guys - thanks for taking the time to reply! I'm super excited to get it. Now I'm on the prowl for the 1st year jersey...

God I love forums! I'm a member of about 10 - one each for my bikes KZRider for my 79 KZ1000, dirtrider.net/justKDX for my Kawi KDX woods bike, TriumphRAT.net, SVRider.com... lol Then the camera addiction - POTN for Canon DSLR's and a ton of tech forums for work.

I forget how many I belong to until 12:01AM on my birthday when I get 20 automated "Happy BD from xzy forum.com" emails. Yay for teh interwebs. : )

Flyers got the best of my CBJ last night, but we looked a little flat from back2back game nites and travel - but we started looking better in the from about 15:00 into the 2nd and thorugh the 3rd. Still having goalie issues though... : (

Thanks again gents!

Huh, so that makes TWO central Ohioans on the board.

I hate to twist this knife, but someone a couple months back had a CBJ Pro Player authentic with #4 on the back...sold for something like $16. Guess who had an eye on and forgot to bid?

(And xcdude's post above this is what you're looking for)

Edited by Nathan