I need a fight strap please...

Burnaby Joe Sakic

Hey everyone. If you look really close at the picture below, where an entire fight strap should be, you'll see my issue.

2001NorthAmericaAll-StarGIback.jpg

You're seeing that right, someone cut it off. Got an awesome deal on this a few months ago and now it's time to fix it up. I am looking for a fight strap from a CCM/Koho/RBK jersey that someone is willing to part with. This will most likely come off a jersey that has been pretty messed up. I don't care what the rest of the jersey looks like, I just need the strap. If you have a jersey or a strap, and you're willing to help me out with a decent deal, please let me know. Maybe I can help you get rid of that jersey that you've given up hope on fixing up.

Thanks!

I could use one for my Bruins Alternate. I dont understand what the purpose is of basically destroying a jersey. Part of what you paid for is the fight strap, then your just going to remove it and devalue the jersey. How difficult is it to replace a fight strap?

I could use one for my Bruins Alternate. I dont understand what the purpose is of basically destroying a jersey. Part of what you paid for is the fight strap, then your just going to remove it and devalue the jersey. How difficult is it to replace a fight strap?

I'm not sure about now but a lot of players used to cut the fight strap out of there jerseys, Gretzky being the best example. Maybe the seller planned to customize this jersey with a player that cuts out there fight straps so to make the jersey more authentic looking they cut out the strap as well but then never customized the jersey.

A little far fetched but might be the reason the strap was cut out of this jersey.

Nah, I've just heard from MANY knuckleheads out there that the fight strap 'gets in the way while watching the game'. Whatever the crap that means. I agree with CanesCop; don't alter your game jerseys. The fight strap is probably the most unique aspect that a hockey jersey has over any other sports jersey. Leave it alone.

That said, it's not hard to replace a cut one. All you have to do is strip off the twill block from the inside, take out the piece, replace with a new strap, iron the twill back on and stitch in the same X-rectangle pattern. I did that to one of my Blues jerseys a while back.

Nah, I've just heard from MANY knuckleheads out there that the fight strap 'gets in the way while watching the game'. Whatever the crap that means. I agree with CanesCop; don't alter your game jerseys. The fight strap is probably the most unique aspect that a hockey jersey has over any other sports jersey. Leave it alone.

That said, it's not hard to replace a cut one. All you have to do is strip off the twill block from the inside, take out the piece, replace with a new strap, iron the twill back on and stitch in the same X-rectangle pattern. I did that to one of my Blues jerseys a while back.

Yes and also finding one to look the same as well. Does anyone know where I can get a fight strap for a Rangers starter jersey. I think starter had white caps on their fight straps. As I mentioned in the "it arrived today" thread, I recently got an authentic 98-99 Rangers away jersey, but the fight strap was removed (twill patch and all).

All that is left is the outline of the rectangle-X pattern on the back when you look at the jersey on an angle. :(

So if anyone has a beat up starter jersey that they'd like to sell to me so I can get a fight strap out of it, let me know.

I've checked out the vintage minnesota hockey website, but the strap just doesn't look the same, and that would bug me knowing it was different.

thanks,

Iron the twill back on? Is there alittle bit of adhesive on the twill, or is the adhesive on the new fight strap.

There's always some adhesive leftover on the twill. That was exactly how I did it when I re-applied mine and it worked perfectly.

So if anyone has a beat up starter jersey that they'd like to sell to me so I can get a fight strap out of it, let me know.

I've checked out the vintage minnesota hockey website, but the strap just doesn't look the same, and that would bug me knowing it was different.

Yeah, you're right. The two are very different. Here's some shots of the differences:

CCM front and back:

strapc2-vi.jpg

strapc1-vi.jpg

Nike front and back:

strapn2-vi.jpg

strapn1-vi.jpg

Starter front and back:

straps2-vi.jpg

straps1-vi.jpg

Iron the twill back on? Is there alittle bit of adhesive on the twill, or is the adhesive on the new fight strap.

There's always some adhesive leftover on the twill. That was exactly how I did it when I re-applied mine and it worked perfectly.

Yeah, you're right. The two are very different. Here's some shots of the differences:

CCM front and back:

strapc2-vi.jpg

strapc1-vi.jpg

Nike front and back:

strapn2-vi.jpg

strapn1-vi.jpg

Starter front and back:

straps2-vi.jpg

straps1-vi.jpg

Wow, I had no idea the fight straps where that different between the brands. I have now been educated!

Does anyone know where I can get a fight strap for a Rangers starter jersey...

I've got an Avs Starter mesh jersey that had a ruined crest that is eventually going to be cut up and used for nameplate material for myself and a couple other folks. You're welcome to the fight strap. You'd just need some blue twill at that point. I'll take a look at the jersey and make sure the strap is okay.

I've got an Avs Starter mesh jersey that had a ruined crest that is eventually going to be cut up and used for nameplate material for myself and a couple other folks. You're welcome to the fight strap. You'd just need some blue twill at that point. I'll take a look at the jersey and make sure the strap is okay.

Yes sign me up. If you have two that would be great!!

I have no problem getting the twill, i just need a fight strap for two starter jerseys and a CCM

Anyone else with a beat up starter and CCM jersey???

Hey everyone. If you look really close at the picture below, where an entire fight strap should be, you'll see my issue.

You're seeing that right, someone cut it off. Got an awesome deal on this a few months ago and now it's time to fix it up. I am looking for a fight strap from a CCM/Koho/RBK jersey that someone is willing to part with. This will most likely come off a jersey that has been pretty messed up. I don't care what the rest of the jersey looks like, I just need the strap. If you have a jersey or a strap, and you're willing to help me out with a decent deal, please let me know. Maybe I can help you get rid of that jersey that you've given up hope on fixing up.

Thanks!

Looks like this badboy also has that NHLPA logo on the hem! <_<

• 1 month later...

Here you go...

Link

Hello, has anyone bought one of these fight straps from classicmnhockey and can comment on it's quality? In the picture the velcro looks like it could be black, instead of white.

I had bought one on ebay that turned out to be a cheap recreation so I shipped it back.

Well, the one that Jay(thread author) sent me to attach to his All-Star jersey looked pretty good. The only difference was that it had a dark velcro loops piece instead of white. Other than, it looked dead on.

Well, the one that Jay(thread author) sent me to attach to his All-Star jersey looked pretty good. The only difference was that it had a dark velcro loops piece instead of white. Other than, it looked dead on.

Thanks Brilliant, It doesn't look noticeable enough to bother me so I'm going to pull the trigger and buy one.

Hello, has anyone bought one of these fight straps from classicmnhockey and can comment on it's quality? In the picture the velcro looks like it could be black, instead of white.

I had bought one on ebay that turned out to be a cheap recreation so I shipped it back.

The one that came in my North Stars jersey has the black velcro. It is very durable.

Well,

Just received an awsome 89-95 black Bruins Neely jersey. When I got the jersey the fight strap was cut off. Pretty upsetting as I paid $175 for it and the seller lied and stated it was still in tact. All that is left is the black twill and the end of the strap. I don't sew so I can't fix it myself. Imagine a fight strap cut off of a Neely jersey!!! I imagine he never removed his. If anyone can help I would appriciate it. Awsome jersey otherwise.

Well,

Just received an awsome 89-95 black Bruins Neely jersey. When I got the jersey the fight strap was cut off. Pretty upsetting as I paid $175 for it and the seller lied and stated it was still in tact. All that is left is the black twill and the end of the strap. I don't sew so I can't fix it myself. Imagine a fight strap cut off of a Neely jersey!!! I imagine he never removed his. If anyone can help I would appriciate it. Awsome jersey otherwise.

Try here.

http://stores.classicmnhockey.com/-strse-Tie-Down-fdsh-Fight-Straps/Categories.bok