Jerseys that only need a little work

Nathan

I had Truman send me approval photos of everything before final sewing.

I had him make some minor tweaks and here and there. Other times I changed my mind or discovered I had made and error and had him completely redo things that were well into production and he did them all.

I found him very easy to work with and would recommend him myself.

I must've caught him on a bad day...I actually emailed and got a response before posting this topic. Here's the entire extent of the back-and-forth.

----- Original Message -----

To: gamedaysportsarchives@rogers.com

Sent: Thursday, January 07, 2010 6:21 PM

Subject: Jersey customization

Hello,

I have a few jerseys that need customized, although mostly with minor work. Is it possible to get just a C added or just a nameplate with name, or would I have to go for the full kit?

Thanks,

Nathan

Sent: Thu 1/07/10 6:38 PM

To: Nathan

We don't sell partial kits

I've got 15 or 20 that need work done ranging from adding a C (one jersey) to adding just a nameplate (three or four jerseys) to full-blown names, numbers, patches sewn, etc.

Guess someone else wants to tackle that one.

I must've caught him on a bad day...I actually emailed and got a response before posting this topic. Here's the entire extent of the back-and-forth.

I've got 15 or 20 that need work done ranging from adding a C (one jersey) to adding just a nameplate (three or four jerseys) to full-blown names, numbers, patches sewn, etc.

Hmmmm surprised he would say that. Maybe he is more willing to do that kind of stuff after you've bought a couple of complete kits off him. He's always been really friendly with me.

Just send them to Exclusive Pro Sports.

They might do good work but they're not accurate. Sorry to mention this.

Who is accurate then and who would you recommend?

I've found his work to be consistently better then the work I've had done at NHL/NHLPA certified shops for a cheaper price. Some of his stuff may only be 99% correct and have the slightest of differences but he's always been very accommodating to me when it comes to correcting things and honestly I have no problem living very minor inaccuracies if I can save myself some money since sending my stuff out to icejerseys or EPS would cost about triple the price I pay with Truman.

i have known truman and dealt with gamedaysportsarchives.com since it opened for business. they have always done excellent work and any mistakes which have occurred on my part or theirs ,they have always fixed to my satisfaction. if you think the fonts or anything is incorrect then you should do what i do and give him a picture of the style you want , he will be able to tell you right away if he can do it or not. i know somethings i have asked for him to do he was not able , but he has always been upfront and told me right away and has not done anything incorrect and tried to pass it off as right. i agree with tmlfan that i would rather save some bucks then become *nal about the font. i would always recommend him for all my cresting needs and because of his workmanship, pricing and customer service i would always consider him a "jersey friend " . he has always done large orders to small jobs with no problem.

Edited by gameface

Who is accurate then and who would you recommend?

I've found his work to be consistently better then the work I've had done at NHL/NHLPA certified shops for a cheaper price. Some of his stuff may only be 99% correct and have the slightest of differences but he's always been very accommodating to me when it comes to correcting things and honestly I have no problem living very minor inaccuracies if I can save myself some money since sending my stuff out to icejerseys or EPS would cost about triple the price I pay with Truman.

In relation to just the adding of a C or an A, I know when I contacted EPS they quoted me $6.50 plus shipping. Have you contacted icejerseys customer service to see what just the adding of a C or A would run you? I have a hard time believing they would charge full price.

In relation to just the adding of a C or an A, I know when I contacted EPS they quoted me $6.50 plus shipping. Have you contacted icejerseys customer service to see what just the adding of a C or A would run you? I have a hard time believing they would charge full price.

I might have overread it Lafountain but does that 6.50 plus shipping include the actual C or A or is the price just for the sewing with you providing the C or A. That sounds awfully cheap if it includes Letter plus sewing.

They might do good work but they're not accurate. Sorry to mention this.

Can you send him a jersey to do, or does he just do kits? I e-mailed him last week, and he hasn't replied.

I might have overread it Lafountain but does that 6.50 plus shipping include the actual C or A or is the price just for the sewing with you providing the C or A. That sounds awfully cheap if it includes Letter plus sewing.

That was the price I was given to send in my Ovechkin jersey which currently has no letter on it. This is the response I got.

It is $6.50 to add the “C”, shipping is $11.95 UPS with tracking and insurance, or USPS for $8, uninsured. We do all of the Caps jerseys for the team ON ICE and the stadium pro shop, so you will get the exact same stuff the team gets.

Can you send him a jersey to do, or does he just do kits? I e-mailed him last week, and he hasn't replied.

I think he will do jerseys if you send them to him, not 100% sure though.

:fight:

I know that Jersey Express (Buffalo) has done a ton of stuff for me and i've never had a problem.

Nancy (the owner) is great to work with and their turn-a-round has been quick.

Just my 2 cents

:thumbsup:

Gentlemen-

I have an authentic Sabres CCM white Mogilny jersey from the 90s with Stanley Cup 1893-1993 patch. The only problem is the lettering on the name is slightly off compared to photos I've found (the M and G are slightly different style and the letters themselves maybe be a tad "thick"). Of course, now that I've seen these photos it's going to bother the heck out of me. The numbers seem good.

I was going to send it to Jersey Express but have a couple questions...

Should I take the nameplate off now or leave it on?

What do I call the nameplate material to make sure they're using the right stuff?

Any other advice from the experts on here would be appreciated!

Gentlemen-

I have an authentic Sabres CCM white Mogilny jersey from the 90s with Stanley Cup 1893-1993 patch. The only problem is the lettering on the name is slightly off compared to photos I've found (the M and G are slightly different style and the letters themselves maybe be a tad "thick"). Of course, now that I've seen these photos it's going to bother the heck out of me. The numbers seem good.

I was going to send it to Jersey Express but have a couple questions...

Should I take the nameplate off now or leave it on?

What do I call the nameplate material to make sure they're using the right stuff?

Any other advice from the experts on here would be appreciated!

:fight:

leave everything on it and take it to jersey express... they'll know how to fix it the way you want.

:thumbsup:

To anyone that's ordered kits from EPS, do they charge less for there kits then the prices that are stated on the website? For example if you go to the new york ranger jerseys they list the customization cost at $55 which I assume means if you send them a jersey it will cost $55 to have the letters/numbers put on by them. If you order just the kit is it the same price or less?

To anyone that's ordered kits from EPS, do they charge less for there kits then the prices that are stated on the website? For example if you go to the new york ranger jerseys they list the customization cost at $55 which I assume means if you send them a jersey it will cost $55 to have the letters/numbers put on by them. If you order just the kit is it the same price or less?

If you email them they will give you an estimate. My Kings Kit cost $40 dollars. It wasn't complete though.