OHL Game-Worn Jersey Question

OHLGuy20

So, a couple weeks ago, I scored a Toronto/Mississauga St. Michaels Majors Justin Donati Game-Worn jersey off of Ebay. It was previously owned by a Majors season ticket holder, who bought it from the team after the 2005-06 season. Shortly after receiving it, I noticed that the OHL logo patch had apparently been sewn over the top of another patch on the shoulder. After looking carefully, it looks as if there was an OHL logo patch that was sewn upside-down on the jersey and then the patch sewn over it is the one that is sewn rightside-up. EVERYTHING else on this jersey looks to be authentic as far as wear, stick marks, board burns, etc.

Is the patch cover-up just one of those weird things that sometimes happens in the world of junior hockey or should I worry about the jersey's authenticity?

• 1 month later...

I know its my first post but my friend is cousins with Donati so I could ask him to ask Justin if he remembered but that's all I could think of!

-Devon

• 3 years later...