CCM or Koho?

ZoomZoom18

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this? The CCM jerseys are bigger sizewise compared to the Kohos. What I mean is, since I like my jerseys bigger, I get a XXL CCM jersey and it always seems like its much bigger and looser than any XXL Koho jersey I have, which seems like its tighter. I bought a Phoenix Coyotes Koho XXL last season and it almost feels like a large to me.

I hadn't really noticed the difference, as my jerseys are big on me (room to wear a sweatshirt underneath if I have to). I notice the difference between manufacturers, though -- the AKs seem to run smaller while SPs seem to run just slightly larger (by an inch or two, not by anything hugely significant).

CCM jerseys and KOHO jerseys from the same era should not have any noticeable sizing difference. All the jerseys were made at the same factories with the same specs. Up until Reebok took over, CCM labels were put on the white jerseys, and KOHO labels were put on the darks & alts. It was just a branding decision made by The Hockey Company which owns the two brands and made jerseys using two of their different labels. The only thing I can imagine, is that you are looking at an older KOHO jersey (which based on the fact you mention it's a coyotes jersey, and the current ones came out after the Rbk takeover, I'm guessing this is the older aztec design?). In that case, it is possible that the sizing specs have changed somewhat over the past few years.

CCM jerseys and KOHO jerseys from the same era should not have any noticeable sizing difference. All the jerseys were made at the same factories with the same specs. Up until Reebok took over, CCM labels were put on the white jerseys, and KOHO labels were put on the darks & alts. It was just a branding decision made by The Hockey Company which owns the two brands and made jerseys using two of their different labels. The only thing I can imagine, is that you are looking at an older KOHO jersey (which based on the fact you mention it's a coyotes jersey, and the current ones came out after the Rbk takeover, I'm guessing this is the older aztec design?). In that case, it is possible that the sizing specs have changed somewhat over the past few years.

Its the current dark jersey. I bought it late last year from JCPenney's at a local mall, it was the last one on the shelf. It says XXL, but I've never had a XXL that fits quite like this one. Its definitely smaller than normal, not as loose. I wondered at first if it had to do with the lace up on the front of it or the PHX logo on the shoulder but I don't think so.

Its the current dark jersey. I bought it late last year from JCPenney's at a local mall, it was the last one on the shelf. It says XXL, but I've never had a XXL that fits quite like this one. Its definitely smaller than normal, not as loose. I wondered at first if it had to do with the lace up on the front of it or the PHX logo on the shoulder but I don't think so.

Hmmm, JC Penny with KOHO labeling from late last year... sounds like it might have been a special program for them. Are you sure it is the same quality of replica as a regular CCM replica jersey? It is possible that they did a special lower grade replica for JC Penny (as they sometimes do for major chains) at a lower price point than usual. The trade off, is they perhaps use KOHO labeling to differrentiate the jersey from the regular current CCM branded replicas. As far as I can remember, the new Coyotes jersey came out AFTER all the replicas started to be branded CCM exclusively, so if it is the new design, then I'm thinking this isn't a regular replica, but a price-point piece especially for JC Penny. Was the price lower than usual?

Hmmm, JC Penny with KOHO labeling from late last year... sounds like it might have been a special program for them. Are you sure it is the same quality of replica as a regular CCM replica jersey? It is possible that they did a special lower grade replica for JC Penny (as they sometimes do for major chains) at a lower price point than usual. The trade off, is they perhaps use KOHO labeling to differrentiate the jersey from the regular current CCM branded replicas. As far as I can remember, the new Coyotes jersey came out AFTER all the replicas started to be branded CCM exclusively, so if it is the new design, then I'm thinking this isn't a regular replica, but a price-point piece especially for JC Penny. Was the price lower than usual?

Yeah, it was, it was unmarked and they charged it as the same price as the Suns swingman jersey (the ones with the sewn on name and numbers, $75), then I got it on sale, so it came to like $45, a very good price obviously. I didn't try it on first and then the next thing I know when I got home, it was smaller. Its a good jersey and seems like its the same materials as the normal ones you get online and such, but I think I'm gonna be after a bigger one later.

• 1 month later...

I have two CCM Penguins jerseys from '02, '03 or somewhere around that time that are completely different in size.

My black Lemieux XL is tighter than my plain white Penguins XL (which I later had customized as Malkin).

I just bought a new Crosby XL this year and it is HUGE compared to both.

It is also interesting to note that I have three authentic Columbus Blue Jackets jerseys that are size 48 - all three fit differently.